Spare wheels for a 37 Century

Guest Jon Barker

Guest Jon Barker

Does anyone know where I can get 2 spare wheels for my car ? It's a 37 Century Series 60 and the wheels have 5 nuts so I assume it's US built (see another of my threads if this sounds a bit mysterious as there is some doubt as to where this car originated from). I have discovered that the spare wheels are useless so I need to replace them. In this country (England) it is highly unlikely that I'll find any so I hoped that one of you guys may know someone that could supply them and would be willing to ship abroad.

I may get beat up for this but........ GM made many vehicles with similar wheels. For a SPARE, you may be able to use a wheel from a Bel-Air or Impala. Chevy/GMC light trucks also used rims with the 5 bolts on a 5 inch circle. The center hole needs to be measured and mainly on the truck wheels, backspacing could be an issue.

Greetings. You are looking for a rare wheel even in the US. 37 only Century only. Dave Tacheny Champlain MN would be a hope. Don't know his email, maybe someone else this form does. Good luck!

If i remember right,so the century only have 15 inch rims ,all other models ride on 16 "

For that it have a longer rear end,

Is it xorrect guys ?

Better you check this.

you can google to dave tacheney,the best shall be you give him a call,because he is not so often at he pc.

As Jon is in England getting a wheel at a reasonable cost is not that easy. If this is for a spare only, to be used if you get a flat, look at Jaguar. A freind with a Mk2 Jag & a 1949 Jag used a Jag wheel as a spare on his series 40 Buick's (1937 1938 & 1939). Would have been 16".

Dave T thread as mentioned above

Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)

Here is a 1953 Jaguar Mark VII wheel. It is a 5 stud, 5" bolt pattern, same as a Buick in a 16". My Jaguar came with two Buick wheels on it. To use the wheel on a Buick you may have to unscrew the locating pin. I'm not sure of the center hole diameter. Buicks have a really big hole in some models. You can always chuck a Jaguar wheel in a lathe and open the center a bit.

Bernie

Mark%20VII%20048.JPG