Anyone have a 1969 build full size with 455?

Guest heff

I'm trying to figure out something with engine emmisions decals. My car was build 10-10-69. Has a 455. The decal on the fan shroud is for a 350-4 with auto trans. As far as I know nothing has been changed. So I've been looking at emmisions decals, just to replace the one on the car, and the only 455 decals I can find are for stage 1 cars built in 69, or a bigger decal with vacuum line routing for cars built in 1970. Anyone have an early 455 car with the original emmisions sticker? What decal is on your car? I know I could stick about whatever I wanted on there, but even tho I'm not really restoring the car at this time I still have hangups with things not being "right"

John, and Heff,

Could not an October build date suggest it was a 1970 model? Also, the Riviera had the same 430. Just a thought, but I have no knowledge of when the 455 engine started. But John is probably correct - an engine swap at some time.

John

Build date of October 69 makes the car 1970 model year. The 455 is original to the car. I'm curious as to what emmisions sticker should be on the car....did gm or Buick not have the decal ready, but since the 350-4 timing etc is the same, used that decal in place of the 455 decal? But since I can't find a 455 emmisions decal for a car built in 1969, without the stage 1 stuff, I don't know what decal to put on it.

I have the build sheet. It has the 455 on it. Also the engine matches the car. So no question as to it's originality. Also the car was a one owner with no accidents, and all the date coded parts I've found are correct to the car.

the Vin also indicates the car as being a 455 car. Second and third digits are 64, which is lesabre custom 455. So...the car is what it should be. And the trans is a th400.

Ok, it sounded to me like you were trying to verify if the engine was/could have been original or not.

I have a picture in my head of what the decal should look like....Google is my best friend....this has the vac routing on it. Also, below that, is a photo of a 70 Wildcat 455 engine compartment with the decal...although you can't see any detail on the decal.

SDB0408-lrg.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Looks like both of those have the decal for cars made after 1-1-70. The early decal doesn't have the vacuum hose routing. If only the engine displacement wasn't on the bottom of the sticker...