Reatta mechanic in MA

Guest graphite

Guest graphite

I have some issues with my 1990 coupe and the buick dealer's service department doesn't seem to be able to figure it out. Cruise control has stopped working completely (won't activate at all -- used to activate, set, then eventually loose speed while still showing active) and my blower seems to be seriously reduced in air volume.

Can't tell if the dealer doesn't care to find the problem or doesn't know what to do.

Anybody know a mechanic who is familiar with the car in the MetroWest Boston or Worcester area? Would love to find someone who knows/loves the car and see if I can get these annoying problems fixed.

Thanks.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Cruise problem sounds like a slow vacuum leak. Pull the trouble codes in diagnostics first to see if any cruise associated ones are present. Most electrical cruise problems will set one. If none show up as I expect, check the vacuum lines at the servo, tank and brake pedal for cracks or poor connections.

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/57-diagnostic-information/diagnostic-instructions/82-how-to-access-ecm-bcm-a-crt-codes#2-how-to-access-the-codes-for-90-91-models

Blower problem may just be dirt buildup on the evaporator. Barney showed how to pull the blower module and clean the front surface of the evaporator to restore air flow.