gord engine oil information.

gord14080

I would like to thank everyone for the good advise, and I'll introduce myself. my name is Gordon Purves,I am from Nova Scotia Canada,I purchased my base 1965 riviera last year in southern california, and had it trucked across the continent.the car was all there ,more rust than I expected,engine was very tired,but we are moving on.I now have a great engine .030over but works nice. I replaced all body mounts ,and repaired the trunk mount on drivers side. I had door panels off,both front fenders so I could repair battery box, now my next project will be the interior, it is faded and hard, but all available,I think this note will show my intensions and some year I will be at a Riviera owners meet .All the best Gord 14080

Gord,

Thanks for the introduction and updates. I know exactly what you're experiencing. Buying a car from the "desert" and having it trucked across country only to find it's not what you'd hoped for. But if it were perfect, you'd have no reason to be part of the great forum.

The yearly ROA meets moves across the U.S. and every three years is in either the eastern, central, or western part of the country. This year we're in the West (Colorado) and next year we'll be somewhere in the central part of the U.S. Hopefully we'll be in an area where you'll be able to join us. An old addage of the ROA is that the first meet you attend, you come for the cars, the next meets you attend for the people.

We're looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car