24-45 Buick

Guest Hentzee

Guest Hentzee

Just joined the AACA and registered on this site. I am in the process of re restoring a 24-45 Buick. Purchased in the 70's by my uncle and been setting in storage. Restoration was decent but not as good as I would like. Took her all the way down to the frame, sand blasted primed and painted. Now putting her back after all parts been re chromed and gauges rebuilt etc. I am missing the bracket and gear assembly that goes on the end of the steering column. Internal rods and levers for spark advance and throttle are in place and great shape. I need good pics of the bottom end and how they connect to the carb and the spark advance horizontal rod. From the distributor back to the driver side mechanism all there. Need pics to see what is missing and then need those pieces

Hentzee:

I just e-mailed you about the pictures you requested. I can check if the 24-45 my nearby neighbor has the correct gear set up. And or take some pictures. Mine on my 1925-25 are similar. I believe "BOBS" can supply these gears. Now you need to join the BCA and the Pre-War division!

post-79073-143142456418_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142456407_thumb.jpg

Guest Hentzee

That's exactly the pic we are looking for. Yes we bought the gears from Bob's but don't have the casting arm and didn't know how they went together. I wonder if the set up is the same on the 24-45? I up loaded a couple of pics in my gallery. Looks like the gear box may be a little different. Not sure. If you could get pics from ur buddy that would be great. I will follow the links u sent me in e-mail and join the BCA and pre-war division. I'm new at this site. I did join AACA and am learning how to navigate but still not good at it. Really appreciate your photo. Thanks so much. Tom

Tom, another group you should seriously consider getting into is the 1915/1918 Buick McLaughlin Newsletter. Don't let the year range mislead you - we have guys all over the world with cars that are older and newer and it is a tremendous help to guys like you and Larry and myself who are always working on their cars to get them sorted out. Please send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the information to get signed up. Please post some photos when you get the chance. We all like to see what everybody is working on.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas aka Doo Dah

terrywiegand@prodigy.net

Hentzee

The 24 and 25 master are pretty much the same, heat riser and inlet manifold different. Poto 2 - 25 master. Photo 3 - 24 master.

The operation of the stearing box gears between standard 25 and master 25, are the same, but parts not interchangeable. 1924 didn,t have a standard but the last of the four cylinder cars. Again I think the operation of the spark and carb gears were the same. Leif from Sweden might come in and advise us on this.

Rod

post-64273-143142457218_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142457239_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142457242_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142457281_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142457325_thumb.jpg

Edited by ROD W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures from 1924 and 1925 bracets.The bracets on the first picture will on all models in 1924.But as you can see in the second picture the 1925 bracets are a little bit different than 1924s and all those bracets will fit on all 1925 models and even later models.The gears seems to fit on all models those years.

And also a thanks to Larry d B. that has helped me to buy those Buick 1920s parts books.Larry really nice to have those books and to help Buick people all over the world.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143142468837_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143142468865_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Hentzee

If u can send pics. What I really need is the bracket the mount to the steering box that holds the tubes. Thanks

Guest Hentzee

Hi Mark I don't think it is 254812 That is the steering gear housing assembly. I think the part I need is 254522 which is called a secondary bracket. I have the gears but the tubes I have are not the correct length. I may be able to make the tubes out of pipe. Basically it would be nice to have the whole assembly that mounts to the steering gear housing which controls the throttle & spark advance but I think with what I have if I had the bracket I could make it all work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...