New Wheels and Tires - '64 Wildcat

Guest mrdibbles

Guest mrdibbles

Over the weekend I updated the wheels and tires on my '64 Wildcat. Went from bias ply and hubcaps to Redline radials (235/75R-15) with correct '64 Formula 5 wheels. Not only does the car look w-a-a-y better but it drives like a totally different car (night and day). Photos tell the story and thanks go to friends on the forum for helping me to locate the hardware.

WildcatWheels1_zpsc86d74ff.jpg

WildcatWheels2_zps6c131d2c.jpg

Edited by mrdibbles (see edit history)

Looks great! Definitely changes the personality of the car. Yea, bias tires suck if you do any amount of real driving. After running them for years on a Riv for authenticity reasons I finally switched to the DB radial redlines and the difference was so dramatic I felt like a total idiot for putting up with the bias tires for so long. Unless you have a trailered show car or only drive a couple hundred miles a year, running bias tires is not an area worth going authentic on IMO and I'll sacrifice a mandatory deduction at a BCA show for incorrect tires.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest mrdibbles

Thank you for the compliments guys and agree that radials are mega-worthwhile. If someone needs a set of good used wheels, with real good bias-ply whitewall tires (and hubcaps) let me know. I'm sure we could work something out :)