is trhis?

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

ol swede,

I am not too sure what you meant by your last comment.

Could you please elaborate on your message

JS

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

I couldn't agree with you more but maybe those that could comment here are too busy working on projects instead of talking about them.

I will try to post a few PIXS of our project down under here in Aussie.

By the way the project is a 1935 DeSoto Airflow Sedan that was imported and sold as a right hand drive version of the USA domestic car.

Sorry cannot load photos at the moment onto this very complicated site.

Back later

John S

I own a Chrysler is this a Buick site or what?

Really Am I the only the only one that yearns for Mopa rnfo?

Would LOVE to see photos of your car and hear it's story.

I haven't had a chance to do anything on my C7 Roadster. The wife and I are buying a bigger house so I'm putting it out for sale if anyone is interested. The weather here in the East has finally turned to spring so maybe I can get it out and dust it off for the season. I did give it a motor overhaul, complete underhood detailing as well as complete brake job and a bunch of other work to make it a nice driver.

I'm asking 40,000 for it if anyone's interested. It's probably got one of the nicest original bodies you will find. No floor rust at all. In fact the only rust and repair ever done to the car was the bottom of the tail pan. Hard to believe in a Roadster.post-43003-143142463831_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463805_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463808_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14314246381_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463813_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463815_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463817_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14314246382_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463822_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463825_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142463829_thumb.jpg

Yes I have the top. It's the original top for it. The canvas is long gone and it needs to be repainted/replated as some of it's chrome but it's in good shape and folds properly. It needs a new front wood header bow. I don't have one for a pattern. ( I think someone took it apart to make a new one and it got lost, unfortunately losing the hardware with it) I have a set of new hold down clamps, with pins and thumb screws that I had cast and machined from an original set as someone lost them along the way.(I was lucky to find a set to borrow) I also have the original rear window and frame. The top was in the neighbors garage/ workshop for 40 years. I had to actually buy it off the neighbor when I bought the car. I tried it then just to be sure it was the right one.

The neighbor who was actually the guys brother sold the car to his brother ( I bought it off the Brother's family) 40 years ago and for some reason never gave him the top. Now I see how the parts come up missing on old cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a copy of the Craigslist ad with more details.

I've decided to possibly part with my 1936 Chrysler C7 Airstream roadster. Super nice body with mint rust free floors.

She's an excellent driver as is with a totally rebuilt engine including new pistons and rings, rod Bearings, complete valve job, New timing chain and gears, Water Pump, Fuel Pump, Sisson Automatic Choke, Complete tuneup including, cap, Rotor, Wires, Complete breaker plate, Cooling system rebuild with all new hoses and Belt.

Everything that could be removed from the engine was, All parts were sandblasted and correctly refinished.

Complete new stainless steel exhaust system.

Complete brake job from the spindles out with all parts, blasted and refinished. All new Shoes, rebuilt wheel cylinders and master all refinished in correct cast gray colors with Silicone fluid to prevent corrosion.

All new wide white walls and tubes on blasted and repainted wheels.

New Trim Rings,

All interior panels removed and all properly woodgrained. A several step process with multiple finishes that duplicate the original woodgraining. Extremely labor intensive but spectacular when done.

All instruments removed cleaned and or replaced as necessary. All gauges work properly as well as all lights.

Steering wheel upgraded to a deluxe 1939 Banjo wheel from a 1939 Chrysler.

All new floor mats and pedals.

New Glove boxes.

Sill plates removed and repolished. These aren't avaliable anywheres. Unique to 1936 Chrysler roadsters.

All dash lights work as do exterior lights. Freshly rechromed front bumper, Nice older rechromed rear bumper and all guards. NOS Horn Covers. Drives excellent. Doesn't overheat in heavy traffic. Many new rubber exterior Grommets and pads, Repolished side window frames with new Glass. Tons of small stuff done as well that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Overall a very presentable car but could use a paint job it's chipped and flaking a little in some spots. The only rust ever in the car is the bottom of the tail pan. Not the floors just the outer skin at the bottom. No patch panels or filler ever anywheres else on the car. It was repainted in 1966.

Also needs the top refinished. I do have the full mechanism and all hardware including rear window. Looks great without it so I didn't get around to refinishing it as I never drive it in the rain or leave it outside. Doors and windows work really smooth. Doors are completely rustfree as is the rumble lid, Rumble compartment.

You won't find a nicer 36 Chrysler to finish off.

If you want something different this is rarer than the majority of cars out there.

Total production of 6 cylinder cars is less than 450 with an additional less than 350 8 cylinder cars for a total production under 800. I've only found less than 10 of both combined since I've owned this left. 2 hot rods and one complete pile of rust in pieces needing the bottom 6 inches of the car replaced. There hasn't been one for sale in Hemmings in atleast 3 Years.

Asking $40,000. When will you get the chance to buy another especially as mechanically sorted as this car is?

I may consider trades but I'm not into Muscle Cars. Pre 1962 cars and the older the better. Full or partial trades considered. I'm interested in all makes (domestic) Especially interested in Convertibles and Wagons (wood and Steel) A car needing mechanical work is OK as well as interior work or needs the restoration finished. All original cars are a bonus.

Packards, Auburns, Lincoln, Pierce Arrow as well as Mopar FOMOCO and GM products all welcome.

Includes a super nice set of factory fender skirts with all trim and a completely restored Correct Philco 812 radio with Chrysler Head. The head is in the dash but the box still needs to be mounted.

With about 200 cars at the show, that cars workmanship was superb. Pictures that I took don't do it any good. The 35 DeSoto was built on the higher end. Two cars in my opinion that was on the same level is the 33 Pontiac next to it. The best was a 30s something that is a Pierce-Arrow, Pebble Beach class. Was one heck of a car show for a small town.