My 1963 Riv is gone

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

I sold my 63. $4500.00. Only a little sad. It was running really good but the guy that bought it said the water pump blew when he was 10 miles down the road and had to tow it the rest of the way on his 60 mile journey. That really hurt my heart. He said it comes with the territory. Great guy and I wish him the best.

Steele

I sold my 63. $4500.00. Only a little sad. It was running really good but the guy that bought it said the water pump blew when he was 10 miles down the road and had to tow it the rest of the way on his 60 mile journey. That really hurt my heart. He said it comes with the territory. Great guy and I wish him the best.

Steele

I sometimes think water pumps have a way of knowing when a car changes owners. When I bought my '60 Electra near Austin TX, about 5 years ago, it almost got me to the CA border before the water pump let go - only the shaft broke and sent the fan into the radiator for good measure. And I was more than 50 miles from home. Fortunately I budgeted for a tow job just in case, and I was right. Only time it let me down after that.

When you sell a car the good thing is that you only remember the good stuff. The bad thing is that you only remember the good stuff.

At least I have always found seller's remorse a lot easier to get over than buyer's remorse; just stick your hand in your pocket.

Bernie