hi just found this forum and i hope that you can help me id this car

I cant find a chassis number on it, it has an engine number-260834

all i know is it is supposed to be 1917 vintage

it was a canadian army staff car left in europe after the war

there are more pictures in my gallerypost-100071-143142454477_thumb.jpg

mick

post-100071-143142454472_thumb.jpg

Guest broyty

thanks Randy now I have done a bit more research I have come almost to the same opinion,

it came from a small collection in france, which is where the information i had came from.

I thought that it appeared to have parts from a range of years ie 1919 to 1922

Mick

• 1 year later...

Hey Mick and Harry

I now have this car and have checked against the engine numbers etc and it is either a late 1919 or early 1920.

Lots of work underway with the car - new half shafts and new wheel bearings, clutch rebuild, gearbox refurb,  radiator re-core, new fuel lines and pump (now positioned well away from the exhaust),  new exhaust, dynastart currently off as there was no charge from the gen side, complete re-wire with traditional wiring and new voltage regulator as the old one wasn't working and new fuse-box as when I bought the car there was no fuse box and most of the wiring was shot away, speedo cable was too short and is being lengthened by one foot. - She should be  as good as new shortly :)

Cheers

Peter

• 7 years later...
On 1/25/2016 at 1:47 PM, icerolyuk said:

Hey Mick and Harry

I now have this car and have checked against the engine numbers etc and it is either a late 1919 or early 1920.

Lots of work underway with the car - new half shafts and new wheel bearings, clutch rebuild, gearbox refurb,  radiator re-core, new fuel lines and pump (now positioned well away from the exhaust),  new exhaust, dynastart currently off as there was no charge from the gen side, complete re-wire with traditional wiring and new voltage regulator as the old one wasn't working and new fuse-box as when I bought the car there was no fuse box and most of the wiring was shot away, speedo cable was too short and is being lengthened by one foot. - She should be  as good as new shortly :)

Cheers

Peter

Bought this from Peter over a year ago - some "interesting" "remedial" work has been applied to the car and we are now fixing it!!!