Greenfield Village Motor Muster June 14th-15th

I would disagree on the Old Car Festival being a Model A show. There is IMO, pretty good variety unless it is the marquis for the show like a few years ago it was on Model T's and they were running everywhere. Am I going to see you at the show?

I agree with you Larry. Last year I found an American cousin to my Canadian built 1920 Overland (among many other makes too).

post-36036-143142461152_thumb.jpg

Very cool Larry! Linc Its not my car but my dads. Its pretty much a Mustang show alot like how the old car festival is a model a show lol

That would be really disappointing if it has turned into a Mustang show. They only allow 800 cars, and they wanted variety before. The last time I was there (2010) they told me they rejected over 300 1964 1/2 - 1966 Mustangs because they didn't want the show overrun with them. Last I heard they didn't want more than 4 examples of any model per year. I hope that hasn't changed.

Yah they do say that but there always is a good amount of mustangs they do try and keep them different colors. Its still a great show with a very large varity in it unlike any other show I have been to. I am only 28 and this will be my 6th year showing a car there.

Larry I will be at the Old Car Festival as well my uncle and I will be showing his 29 model a phateton and his 29 model a leather back

I have gone to the OCF many times with my Model T and with a '34 Ford Woody to the Motor Muster. While I agree that Fords and Chevys are probably over-represented, keep in mind that they are over-represented at nearly all shows, AACA included. That being said, what I like about these two events is they are exclusively non-modified cars with no street-rods. Outside of an AACA or CCCA event, the OCF and Motor Muster are about the only places to see such a variety and quantity of cars in stock form. So, you don't want to see Model A's? Walk past them and look at the '29 Durant parked next to it. Tired of Model T's? Look at the '09 Franklin and '09 International Roadster bookending it. Do like Model T's and want to see a town car? Check. 2 Lever '09 Touring? Check. Mustang? Sure, any color. '64 Mercury Marauder with a 4 speed? Got that too. Twin stick Rambler American Convertible? Yup. You get the idea. The other part of the OCF I like is, similar to AACA, you can see the cars being driven. Unlike almost every other show I attend, the average age of participants seems to be dropping. Kids who used to occupy the back seat of grandpa's toy are now showing up behind the wheel. For many people either the OCF or Motor Muster are their only car shows of the year. Folks, if you have never been I strongly encourage attending. When I get my '62 Lincoln done someday, I plan to attend with it.

Edited by ericmac (see edit history)

Two years ago we took our 31 Chevrolet Sport Coupe to the OCF. As I remember there were four Model As in the class. I received a First Place Award and had a blast. Drove around some and watched others driving at other times. Learned a lot about some other make cars.

I never enter a car (I live two hours away), but both shows are among my favorites to attend every year...my wife buys me a membership to Henry Ford largely for that reason.

I never enter a car (I live two hours away), but both shows are among my favorites to attend every year...my wife buys me a membership to Henry Ford largely for that reason.

You should def show a car there the experience is 2x better! There are some really good tow companies with cover trailers or you could always rent one or drive. I live about 45min away and drive mine down and back I94 all the way to the village. I have also trailered it there twice and drove home. The great thing is you can leave your car on the grounds over night. You do not need to take it home.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlCapone
These two shows are my benchmark for a good well run show.

I agree because just about everybody leaves Feeling good because it seems everybody wins a prize or an award ! I have been asked to bring two of my cars and I will but I will choose nit to be judged.

Wayne

I agree because just about everybody leaves Feeling good because it seems everybody wins a prize or an award ! I have been asked to bring two of my cars and I will but I will choose nit to be judged.

Wayne

I would not agree with the "everyone wins an award" at the OCF you get a ribbon for participating in car games and pass and review. You do not get any ribbons at motor muster. The old car festival also gives you the choice to be judged or not motor muster all cars are judged. IMO the judging is very tough for both shows with not only the wide range of years in each class but you have very high end cars competing with your (back then) everyday every mans car. The judges do an excellent job looking at the over all quality vs value of each car. Dose anyone know who judges these two shows?

Edited by JpMotorsports (see edit history)