1953 Cadillac Power Steering Hoses...Is There a Restrictor in Pressure Hose?????

ctc72961

I'm trying to replace the Power steering hoses on my '53 Cadillac 60S. I took the hoses to my local hydraulic hose shop for fabrication and they told me that there is a restrictor built into the pressure hose. Unfortunately they don't have the restrictor so they cant make the hoses.

I've seen some of these hose for sale on the internet but they don't appear to have the restrictor.....Is this necessary to have ??...... does anyone have any experience with replacing these hoses both pressure and return hoses and do you know a supplier? Thanks Carl

Guest Commodore

This photo is suppose to be a NOS power steering hose for a 1953 Cadillac. The thing in the middle is the restrictor.

IMG_43011-e1377734651994-580x435.jpeg

This photo is suppose to be a NOS power steering hose for a 1953 Cadillac. The thing in the middle is the restrictor.

IMG_43011-e1377734651994-580x435.jpeg

This is the same hose that I have on the car now however it needs to be replaced. I see a lot of replacements hoses on the market that are listed for a '53 Cadillac but do not have the restrictor. My questions is does anyone have experience installing the replacement hose without the restrictor they are available from many of the Cadillac dealers