Need a picture of vent handle for a '38 Commander; also looking for trunk light

Hello all -

I'm missing the handle off the vent arm that opens the vent mid cowl on my 1938 Studebaker Commander - and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Anyone have a '38 that they could snap a picture of this handle so I know what to look for at the swap meets? This arm is mounted under the dash right next to the key/starter switch.

Also, I'm looking for a replacement light fixture that mounted inside the trunk.

Thanks! Robert

Studebaker used that same general set up (cowl ventilator control, shown below) from 1936 thru 1940 but all models were slightly different so you will need one from a '38 as there is no interchange ('39 must be close). In any event get yourself a 1936-46 Body book and a 1934-46 Chassis book. A WISE investment that will answer a lot of your questions. Do not count on finding anything NOS (not around). Find someone with a parts car that has the entire mechanism (there are lots of separate and individual parts). Oh, and incidentally the numbers shown in the illustration are NOT part numbers, they are illustration numbers. You will need the book to get the part nos.

post-30776-143142451986_thumb.jpg