Door glass sticking to new weatherstripping. 70 lesabre

Guest heff

I installed soffseal weatherstripping on my 70 lesabre 2dr ht. Fit perfect. Installation was a breeze. I replaced the roof rail, quarter window, door seals, and that funky piece the quarter window goes down through. Anyway, everything fits like it should..doors close easily, way less noise etc. But when I roll up the door glass, the door seal runner kind of sticks to the glass, where the glass pass through. I know about silicon grease on door seals, but grease will smear on the glass. Is this something that will fix itself with time, or is there something I can do? Thanks

I don't know what a door seal runner is, but if your new weatherstrip is moving with the window glass, maybe you need some more weatherstrip cement to hold it in place. Put a light coating on each surface, let it get tacky, and then push them together. If the glass surface is sticking to the weatherstrip, spray some silicone spray lubricant on it. Yes, it will make your glass edge blurry, but you can wipe it off later after the problem subsides.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1970 Wildcat 4-dr. hardtop

and other Buicks....

Runner=rubber. Stupid thumbs on my phone.

Any who...the glass sticks in the corners of the door seal. I have them glued like the org seal was, and there isn't anywhere else to glue. So I guess silicone spray it is.

I had some liquid wrench dry lube. It helped. But didn't fix the problem. So I adjusted the rubber and that fixed it.