1950 Buick Super 2 door Jetback

Guest Brian Jimenez

Guest Brian Jimenez

I am located in Fort Collins, CO and I am currently looking for Left and Right rear quarter panels for a 1950 Buick Super 2 door Jetback. Does anyone know where I can possible find these. I am also looking for the (lack of a better description) the "chromed name plate" at the top of the buck tooth grille that says Buick Eight. A couple of years ago, I thought I found a website with GM that stated they still stock this part...but I have lost the link. Can anyone help me?

Brian

Hi Brian and welcome to the Buick Forum.

Great choice of car, although I am biased a bit I guess.

I have recently had dealings with this company in the US

http://stores.ebay.com/RPM-Motorsports-Inc/_i.html?_nkw=buick+1950&submit=Search&_sid=98117780

They are currently parting out several 1950 Buicks including at least 1 Jetback Coupe ( maybe 2 )

I highly recommend this company, they are really helpful in pulling the parts you need and supply them at very reasonable prices.

I also recall Pete Phillips ( Editor of the Buick Bugle and he is a regular on this Forum ) had panel parts for a 1950 Roadmaster Jetback Coupe - he may be worth a try.

Good luck with your search for parts.

Just had a look at their Buick inventory and they have parts for a 1950 Jetback Coupe ( Super )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-BUICK-SEDANETTE-RIGHT-QUARTER-PANEL-SECTION-/141023427857?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20d5a6bd11

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)

Guest Brian Jimenez
Brian,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have moved your question to the Buick Post War Forum. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you.

Thank you...

Guest Brian Jimenez

Thank you Sir. I appreciate your feedback. By the way nice car! I would love to see a picture of the Buck Tooth Grill

Photos of what I have. Surface rust only. One ding the size of a thumbprint on very bottom rear, can't even see it when it sits up, no other dents or dings at all, but there is a 2-inch area at the middle of the wheel opening that has been welded to repair a tear in the metal--very solid weld needing only final grinding down. This is the left rear quarter from a 1950 sedanet--removed it from the car myself. Very, very hard to find. Sorry to be so slow in responding, but I had to look through a lot of sheet metal parts in my storage area to find this.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-1431424650_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142465022_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142465044_thumb.jpg