1928 chrysler rings

Guest dbsbdesoto

Guest dbsbdesoto

Hello, I am still looking for a set of NOS piston rings for a 1928 Chrysler 62 6 cylinder. With a 3" standard bore. I have checked all the ring makers and others I can think of and still come up blank. The rings were called tungtite I was told. They are L shaped and overlap the land between 1st and 2nd ring groove. If you can help me please call or email me. Enclosed is a crude drawing of what I need. Dean 575-382-1386 or dbsb13@comcast.net Thanks aaca rings.pdf

Edited by dbsbdesoto (see edit history)

dbsb, I believe those are referred to as a "step" ring. They have been out of production since the early 30's. It doesn't mean you won't find a set, but they will be extremely difficult. I had a new set of pistons made for my 28 '62' at Aires(sp) Piston in CA. Very happy with the quality and fit. They now use a standard ring. Not an inexpensive venture but very well worth the price.

Rob

hattiesgarage@comcast.net

Guest dbsbdesoto

Rob, Thanks for the info.on the step rings. And I think you are correct on not finding a set. I have just about run out of leads. I guess new modern pistons are the answer. Thanks again Dean

• 4 months later...
Guest vtwoodchuck

dbsb

I was just talking to Dave Reed at Otto gas engine works, 410-398-7340, about Tungtite rings for my 1930 DB. He said he just had some made for the 3" bore. Might be worth a call.

mike