1990 Repainting

Steve2150

Guest my3buicks

Absolutely, just take good close pics of it and even measurements so a striper can have that on hand.

If you are doing a full repaint, may I suggest putting the stripe on before the clearcoat. I did this when I repainted my 91 and it protects the stripe from weathering and wear. You can also buff and wax without worrying about rubbing the stripe off. Of course if you are concerned about true original appearance this may not be workable for your needs.

KDirk

Base/clear without question. That was the process used in the car originally. Clear coat gives the paint job depth that cannot be achieved with single stage. Especially true on dark colors like red. Base/clear also afford more protection with light scratches that can be buffed out. 1 stage will not be so forgiving.

KDirk

Without question base/clear I've owned a bodyshop for quite a few years now and the only thing I spray single stage is house doors. The advantages of clearcoats system are many if you get any scratches or scrapes you are protected by a clearcoat your not into the color if you have damage that needs to be touched up its much easier with clearcoat system ecspecially with high metallics just blend color and re clear their is a reason 99%of vehicles on the road are cleared. I personally would go with the high end clear system. You'll pay more off the bat but it will look amazing for many many years

Guest Corvanti

that should be easy! search for "car pinstriping florida" and pick a few to check out near where you live! :)

plus there are some FL residents here that may be able to recommend someone!

Guest Richard D

I would also ask if they can use glasurit paint for a slightly higher cost. I had a red Acura NSX that was damaged in hurricane Andrew and the shop recommend it over the Imron dual step paint, I believe the extra cost was $90.00 out of pocket and the car looked better than factory paint. It looked deep and wet. The best thing was the warranty. Eight years free repaint for ANY FLAWS that appear. Then 2 more years pro rated. At 5 years a car wash used the wrong detergent, the one for wheels and the paint began to fade on hood, roof, and rear deck. Took the car back to see what could be done. They completely repainted the car and provided a rental car for ten bucks a day. When the car was returned it was another flawless job. It won't hurt to ask. When I bought my current Reatta cash was low so painted with one step polyurethane with a 4 year warranty for $690.00 it has been 5 years and needs a clay bar treatment and wax coat. This is in Miami in a black car.