looking for parts

Guest kellyfeil

Guest kellyfeil

Hope I am doing this correct!!!! I am looking for a fuel sending unit for my 1969 Riviera. It is in the tank and has a single outlet. It also has the fuel pump attached. 17 years of setting with fuel in tank….can you say varnished!!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Scroll to the bottom of the Buick Clubs list and re-post this on the Riviera Owners Assn. forum. There are some guys over there who will be familiar with your year and situation. I'm not into the 2nd generation cars or I'd try to answer your question but I have seen related threads. You might also search the archives for a thread regarding this.

Ed

Also, a general rule is to check your local auto parts store first. There are a lot of things still available through those guys. I use a NAPA where I am but you should use who is considered the best in your town.

For your varnish problem, Pull the tank down and get a gallon of lacquer thinner. Dump in some and shake it around from time to time and dump it in a pan. It will cut the varnish and crap and leave you with a clean tank. You may have to do it more than once. You will be surprised at what comes out. You will be glad you did it as you will never be satisfied driving the car with it constantly plugging a fuel filter every few miles. Dandy Dave!