AC water pumps?

Guest 53 Roady

Guest 53 Roady

Thanks Paul

I was planning to run the AC compressor on the alternator belt both with homemade brackets to the right side of the engine. Is this likely to work out? The other belt would continue as oem to do the power steering.

Guest 53 Roady

I think Olds ran double belts but Buick 1 belt. My car had an add on AC when I got it and a cobbled on 3rd pulley. I am wondering whether the modern compressors need the beefed up drive. If they do I will seek a factory AC pump and pulley setup before I start making my mounting brackets. My water pump is bad now and I am trying to look ahead.

Pat

Guest 53 Roady

Thanks guys. My harmonic balancer has 2 grooves. There is then a third groove in the form of a pulley mounted on the front of the balancer. (My car used to have an add on ac which I removed 25 years ago but I think they drove the ac off the add on pulley) I could use the back 2 grooves for the ac and the front for the alternator. But my power steering pump currently runs off the rear groove. It is the factory bracket setup and works so well I hate to change it. Have you done or seen any Vintage Air or other updates on Olds?

Pat