Unknown 30s car in a Swedish junkyard

Realsteeljack

I don't recognize the dashboard. Could the car have been right hand drive? The kickup in the body moulding would seem to me to be fairly unique, but haven't seen anything that rings a bell.

Terry

Just had another thought. Is the housing under that dashboard attached to it? If it is, I think that is a truck dashboard. Are you sure the body rear panel goes with the dash?

Terry

To Dictator 27 , I didn't look if that housing under the dash was attached , but by the looks of it its either a fueltank or possibly the housing of a heather unit.

The rear bodywork was still (bareley) attached to the rest of the car , and it was a 4 door sedan .

One of the nearly dissolved back doors can be seen lying flat on the ground .

This is a blind quarter sedan, but it doesn't appear to have had any fabric on it. The instrument panel does not look like one that would be seen in an upscale car. I' m wondering if the holes in the right side of the dash were for a taxi meter. :confused: :lol:

Terry

Guest prs519

The dash seems more than coincidentally similar to one shown on The For Sale post. Probably this is not a Durant, maybe a newer one, or a later Star sedan! wag