1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Rear Door (Passenger Side) Wanted

Packard Don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WillingtonCadillac

The 65-66 rear doors all collect water in that rear corner. I'm sold out, but you may be able to find one from someone who doesn't know 'they're gone' for a good price. 65-66 Fleetwood will work, you just have to move the thin trim between the years.

The sad thing is that I HAD an excellent set but when I moved the cars to the new shop in Oregon, I saved only one that I knew I needed for the front passenger side. As for '65 and '66 doors being the same, essentially that's true but in reality the trim is in a different location for '66. I don't want to have to fill holes and add new ones to relocate it.

Guest WillingtonCadillac

"you just have to move the thin trim between the years." Yes, in other words, relocate the trim and quickly weld up the holes. I'm sure someone has a '65 Fleetwood rear door needing zero body work for a reasonable price. Just have to find that person who thinks they're "old" and not worth anything.

• 6 months later...

I found an excellent rear door a while back and it's now installed but not totally aligned. You can see why it needed to be replaced! It was stuck locked and no amount of WD40, prying, heating or anything else would free it so I finally had to cut open the door. I call it my Cad of Many Colors.

Due to the adding many years ago of an inappropriate passenger side mirror and a small bondo-repaired dent by a former owner, I also need to replace the front door but fortunately I already have one. Considering this car has been sitting for almost thirty years, started and moved only occasionally in my yard, it's not bad and is running once again. It desperately needs plugs and wires, the freshly rebuilt carburetor adjusted and a coolant leak repaired but that's about it for now.

The engine was even rebuilt not too long before being parked and now has a partial new exhaust system but locating a company to make one properly proved to be impossible. Apparently the bend card they use for the connector pipe is wrong and their tools for flattening it and the resonator to fit consists of a hammer or a basic press without the proper die by the way the parts look. It had a fresh exhaust system when parked that has deteriorated from disuse but fortunately the car itself, other than the paint which wasn't good to begin with, did not.

On the last visit to my Oregon workshop, I discovered that a segment of the climate control's vacuum lines at the top of the firewall are gone, apparently gnawed away. I have no such critters where the car is stored now nor did I have any where I lived before but it was parked in a rural field for a couple months while my shop was being built so that's likely where it happened. I found a replacement.

Update: I drove it around the block yesterday and in this area of rough gravel roads, its ride was marvelous! No bumps whatsoever could be felt.

post-52611-143142794663_thumb.jpg

post-52611-143142794778_thumb.jpg

post-52611-143142794783_thumb.jpg

post-52611-143143003244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Packard Don (see edit history)