54 Century 3 speed in Georgia

MrEarl

[h=2][/h]

It hasn't even been a year since my heart literally skipped a beat when I read the Craigs List ad description of the 3 speed Century I ended up purchasing from upper New York. Mine is one of what I knew at the time to be only 4 still existing. Well my heart skipped a beat again this evening when as I doing my daily CL search I found this rare beauty, and I do mean beauty. Although not able to even consider purchasing it, I did call and speak with the owner, a nice sounding southern gentleman.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4391141205.html

The car is about 4 hours due south of me but if anyone is interested I would be more than happy to ride down and take a look see for you.

Let me know if the pics are not present

1954 Buick Century 2-Dr. Hardtop

Exterior 2-tone paint finished in Lido Green with Baffin Green roof complemented by the original green interior.

Features include:

* 322 C.I. 4 Brrl. carb Nailhead V-8 engine

* 3-speed manual transmission

* Radio, clock, & heater

* Wide white wall tires

* Factory tinted glass

* Buick dog dish Buick script hub caps

* Jack & spare tire

What sets this car apart from the rest is how original it is. Other then a recent quality paint re-spray to the original exterior colors, replacement of interior carpet, & engine bay detail, this car is 100% original & untouched. It is a 1-owner, rust free car still on the original 1954 W. Virginia title. The original dealer installed seat covers from 1954 still sit on top of the virgin seat upholstery. It runs & drives the same way it did when it rolled out of the showroom in 1954. Not a squeak or rattle. It drives smooth, quiet, & tight. Truly amazing original condition with all the attributes a collector looks for to have in their collection. It has been garage kept from new. It has that dazzling 50's era color combination. Here's the shorter 122" wheel base Century, equipped with Buick's biggest V-8 engine coupled to a 3-speed manual transmission, 4:11 rear end, dog dish hub caps, equals a real Hotrod Buick being offered here.

Don't be caught snoozing & miss this car. You simply don't find them this nice & original @ this price. Shown by appointment only @ my storage facility in Nashville, GA. (S.E. Georgia) Delivery to your door no problem. Please call Stuart @ 305-494-2314 for complete details.

I don't need help selling so save yourself some time & please don't call me if your from an Internet marketing company.

Offered @ $18,900.

00Q0Q_e9dbxJHXH5y_600x450.jpg

00m0m_4loQP5Q3djP_600x450.jpg

00505_gUtKTNp9sCY_600x450.jpg

00p0p_dchFsGGfEV7_600x450.jpg

00r0r_8ZCm8KeY4X_600x450.jpg

00e0e_44mtRLMqIVj_600x450.jpg

Very nice. !!

What's that gizmo under the hood on the right fender ?

Is it an underhood light?

I suspect that "gizmo" is either a augahaaa horn or siren and may be operated by what looks like a push button switch on the dashboard just left of the light switch (this is also the area where the rear speaker control would go).

How many miles? Surprised they don't state.

Color isn't that great, IMO. Lots of potential though.

Dale in Indy

Personally I love the color Dale. Lido Green was originally available only on the Skylarks and there are a lot of them around in that color. Later it was offered as a spring color and I have seen several Roadmasters painted that but this is the first Century.

I see that the re-paint did not include the door jambs, underhood and trunk inteior. This in my opinion is not a bad thing, IF it was done well. IF the color match is dead on and the feathering in or blending was done well. Lets hope so.

The ad states and I asked the seller about it having a 4:11 rear end. 3.9's were standard in the 3 speed 54's. I know earlier 50's Buicks had 4.1's and I was considering adding one to my Texas Pete hot rod had I ended up building it. He said it is factory and is listed on the "window sticker". I asked if he meant original invoice but he said "no the window sticker

Having never seen a ws for a 54 and not aware they existed, I asked for and he said he would scan and send me a copy. That should be interesting.

If indeed this is a special order 4.1 rear end, then the original owner had only one thing in mind for it. The same thing I do for mine. To be a Hot Rod. A Century with no power steering, no power brakes, a 3 speed and low geared rear end....what else.

Again, I'll be glad to run down and take at look at it for anyone interested. buba.gif

Love the color as well, very 50's Lamar, it may be finally time to sell your lovely wife.

NEVER HAPPEN, this thing doesn't cook. And I just married my son off, so only leaves my daughter...can send pictures....:eek:

Just received a picture of the data plate which says the color is 13K = Willow Green bottom / Baffin Green top. But this doesn't look like Willow Green to me, how about it 55 guys, Willow Green was also a 55 color. In fact if anything it looks more like Gulf Turquoise but I am honestly blue green color blind so who knows.

Hey, let me know if anyone wants me to ride down and check it out for you.....

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The color is great. The interior pattern I love. The price is very good. Where were you 54 Century when I was looking???? :(

The data plate shows this to be the very basic non custom interior which would have the Green Swiss Dot cloth seats with no Cordaveen roll and pleat uppers. This would also explain the cloth headliner. So considering the plain seats and that the plastic seat covers are definitely period correct (spelled p-l-a-i-d) I would probably opt to leave them on. The car was ordered with heater and defroster and EZEye glass but no Safety Package which would have given it a day/nite mirror, windshield washer and back up lights.

Did I mention that I would be glad to run down and check it out if anybody is interested? What a photo op!!!! TWO 3 Speed Century's side by side.

You know, some things in life are worth a home equity loan...just sayin...

You're right JD.....how do you think I bought mine??!!!!

and I thought about trading mine. But just like I told the Gunny when he asked if I had thought about reuppin in the Marines. "yes sir...thought about, laughed about and forgot about it"

Mr. Earl, you must be sorely tempted with that car sooo close to you!!! You could sell yours and buy this one.... About your daughter....does she come with a Buick? If so, I'm sure that would make her more tempting to the suitors who may be here!!! haha

Again, I'll be glad to run down and take at look at it for anyone interested. buba.gif

Lamar,

If you're that anxious to look at it, don't make excuses like "I'll be glad to run down and take at look at it for anyone interested. " Just get in your car and get down there. Might as well take your checkbook with you too.

Ed

Brandon Classics eh? http://www.brandoncollection.com/1954_Buick_Century%202-Dr.%20Hardtop_226051921.veh#

They've been around for a while and have always had some nice Buicks in their inventory. The CL seller informed me that the car is actually in Nashville now and that he would take and send me additional pictures of the car for my files.

Lamar,

If you're that anxious to look at it, don't make excuses like "I'll be glad to run down and take at look at it for anyone interested. " Just get in your car and get down there. Might as well take your checkbook with you too.

Ed

Yea aren't you retired? Go!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuickBeaver

I am VERY interested if you will email me I would be more than happy to pay for a good man to go look at it I wounder if I could drive it home to Utah or should I have it shipped I don't worry about miles because I drive all my cars as much as I can with in common sense.Beaver.Prince@Yahoo.com or 208 201 3554 8-8 MST Thanks. Beaver