Reatta Body Shell

Guest silvergs

Guest silvergs

I have a factory Buick Reatta body shell for sale.

It is a rust free body shell with both doors, a spare door, and trunk lid. I picked it up 10 years ago to build a race car out of it and have never had the time or money to build it. This would make a great drag car to put a tube chassis under or just use it to replace your rusted out body of your Reatta. This body has never seen the road or salt.

$2500 OBO. Would be open for partial trades for tractor implements, Project jeeps, Motorcycles, ect.

post-99926-1431424417_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441704_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441706_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441707_thumb.jpg

post-99926-14314244171_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441711_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441713_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441714_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441715_thumb.jpg

post-99926-143142441716_thumb.jpg

Looks like one of the bodies they used when they fired up the paint process after it had been shut down. There is a body plate behind the passanger side headlight, wonder what is stamped on it?

Guest silvergs
What city are you near? I am between Grand Rapids and Holland.

Tom

Tom

I am between Saugatuck and South Haven.

Mike

Mike,

Not in a position to buy, but would love to know the back story on how you acquired this, if you are willing to post about it. Did this come straight from the Craft Centre, or did someone else with connections have it laying about and you picked it up? Just curious how something like this escaped being crushed/recycled by the plant. PM would be fine too, if you are so inclined.

KDirk

Guest silvergs

I picked it up from a junk yard in Zeeland that also had a 90's Skylark shell but that one had holes drilled all over it. It looked like they were inspecting some of the hidden spot welds after it was welded and painted. I don't know where they picked them up from but it was pretty cool to see them. I did some horse trading with him to get the Reatta.

Mike

Guest silvergs

I just went out and looked at the tag behind the pass headlight.....

PPG test run 9

Must of been one of the bodies they used setting up the paint line.

Mike

Reatta Div member John Bourbeau in Flint has several of these bodies with similar PPG test tags. They were scrapped when the plant closed and went to an auto salvage place in Flint (I think) John purchased several of them at that time, not knowing how many total there were, we had no idea if John had all of them. They are in the back of his building in Flint. John also has many Reattas and Reatta parts. Back in 2008 the Reatta Div toured his 3 story building and it has Reattas from top to bottom.

Mike and Barney,

Thank you both for that added info. It amazes me that a complete test run body (much less several) would be tucked away after all these years. Makes me wonder what other treasures are being kept hidden away to be revealed (or not) at some point in the future. It is nice that some people had the connections and foresight to save and warehouse these items. So the question now is, who has those prototype convertible hard tops ASC made (chuckle). So help me, if someone actually does...

KDirk

Guest HessLakeGuy

What do you think this shell weighs?

I am in Arizona for a few days or else I would drop by and check it out, since I am about 35 miles from you.

Tom

Attached is a photo taken in 2008 at John's place. It shows the bodies he has that were used for the paint process, somewhere I have a shot of the body tag from one of them. The Reattas in the background are Reatta owners touring John building as part of the Rendezvous at the 2008 National meet in Flint.

post-30596-143142452056_thumb.jpg

Guest silvergs
What do you think this shell weighs?

I am in Arizona for a few days or else I would drop by and check it out, since I am about 35 miles from you.

Tom

It weighs about 500 lbs. I have a skid under it and move it with my little Kubota tractor. PM me your phone number and I can give you a call if you want to come see it.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 3rdReatta

I own a 90/91 CONVERTIBLE body shell on a frame, It also has a PPG paint mule tag on the radiator frame. It has both doors, hood, deck lid and vert cover, plus all fenders. No interior, top, headlights, bumpers, glass, etc.

It would be a great unit for a builder-rollover??

It is located in SW Minnesota. I talked to Barney years ago about it.

Open to offers!!! Send a PM.

Don

Edited by 3rdReatta (see edit history)

Mike,

A long time ago, in a place far far away, I helped a guy build his house. He also built himself a five car garage.

You don't know how many times I wish I had that garage.

Most of us have a two car garage (.. if we're lucky) which is just big enough for one car (the wife's) and all your junk.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to have that shell but, where to put it once had.

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...