Cord interior question

I was looking at this 810 on this dealer's website.

http://www.hymanltd.com/search/details.asp?stockno=5061&suffix=0&recordcount=16

Can someone address how correct the interior is?

I can't say I've ever seen a dash not in body color....and would a Westchester have leather seats with contrasting piping?

I'm not looking to be critical of the car (it looks very nice) but rather just general question about correctness.

If something is not stock...I'd be interested in knowing specifics.

Edited by JohnBoyle (see edit history)

I'd have more issues with the items that are glaringly incorrect under the hood.

Which would be?

I do see the air cleaner, however there is a photo of a similar setup in Josh Malks' latest book: Cord Complete...which tells me it can't be totally heretical if Malks included the photo. After all, they are meant to be driven.

But I'd like more input.

Cord did indeed offer leather upholstery as an optional extra, Josh Malks has noted those with this option, where known, alongside his listings of known Cords. My Westchester also has leather although is of pleated design with matching piping. Hope this helps.

Guest dougklink

Spark plug boots, alternator, hose clamps, all details but they give you an idea of the overall authenticity. The most glaring to me is the plastic wiring and use of crimp on connectors with colored plastic ends. If they missed the easy stuff what else is wrong?

That said if you want a driver it could be fine. If you want it judged it wasn't done with an eye towards that.

The overstuffed door panels and block of foam seats, to me, are awful.....it wouldn't be a bad interior if it had been done in a less "sofa" mode....and of course as mentioned the pattern isn't original....

I thinks it's a very high price for a car converted to 12 volts, rubber hose fuel line, alternator , the shift stalk on steering column at an angle when it should be straight across.....the car would not judge well at all at an ACD meet

You can find a better example for that or less money...good luck...