The Early 30s Narrow "L" Shaped Comp Ring Question

In the course of a temporary?? mental lapse/senior moment, I was looking for parts commonality between 28-30 CCptn 8s and similar period Hupp 8s...I didn't find any, but I did find (per a couple replacement parts catalogs) an oddity...

It seems, per those catalogs, some (not all, per those catalogs) Chrysler 1927-33, DeSoto 1928-33, Dodge and Dodge Trk 30-34 factory engines, 6s and 8s, used a special narrow "L" shaped compression ring, listed as .094, .100. .107 and .114 (I believe the "standard" 1/8 would be .125??)...

None are listed under Plymouth...

The only other make in those catalogs (King Prod 1932 and 1936 catalogs, some 240 pgs of cars/trucks/stock engines and a few tractors) that was so noted was Hupp, which used them in some (again, not all) 8s 1930-34, but only in .100 and .104 sizes...

Keiser, our resident Hupp Guru, advised in the Hupp forum he knew of no real connection between CCptn/Hupp, speculating it was an idea circulating and just tried by CCptn and Hupp coincidentially, which does seem the most logical answer...

Does anyone here recall hearing anything about these odd narrow "L" shaped rings???

Ref's to this post are in the Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge Trk forums; it's here because the thread totals are highest=most exposure. Any comments appreciated. Bud

K31: My apologies for my well-intentioned but admittedly presumptuous comment...

Also, lest any CCptn enthusiasts be led astray (as I was in a momentary?? attack of senioritis and/or (approaching?) senility, that was a replacement engine, not an original...