1928 Chrysler52 hydraulic brakes..Advice and spare parts..PLEASE!!

Guest pennyann

Guest pennyann

I have just discovered this brilliant forum, and I hope someone out there can help me!!

I live in England, and am struggling to get brake parts for my Chrysler 52. I have ordinary brake drums on the front wheels and external contracting brakes on the rear. The wheels have wooden spokes. The rear brake drums are badly scored, and look too bad to be skimmed. The cylinders have been resleeved with new seals. We are searching for two 12" internal diameter rear brake drums for wooden spoked wheels.

Alternatively if anyone has a complete rear brake assemblies for a later model Chrysler which we could convert or fit, maybe with internal expanding brakes, the same as my front brakes, that might be our answer.

I DO hope someone can help, or suggest other directions in which I can search..springtime is looking beautiful in England and I want to get driving!!

Penny

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, the chrysler 52 brake drums do not have the outer flange as shown in your pictures, the 52 used a external contracting brake system with 12inch diameter drums that are U section, I dont know if these could be used, only if the external diameter is 12inches then the outer flange could be machined off. The 52 brakes are identical in design to the series 60/70 etc but everything is smaller size wise.

Best regards

Viv.