There's just sometin wrong with this...............

jackofalltrades70

Guest my3buicks

I actually think that body in someone else's hands could make an interesting rod. I actually like what they did with just the body. Maybe a rod project for Mr Earl.

It is a good example of a counter culture "in your face" statement. This group of rat rod owners and builders is making a statement against the high dollar street rods and custom revivals nationally glorified in the glossy publications. It is more political than automotive.

I have seen articles with the title "What Would Offend XXXXX The Most". If you are offended the project is a success. This is not the only niche in our hobby or society, as well.

Spring is here at last. And the car shows and cruise ins will be starting. Next time one looks at another person's car, imagining it is upscale to theirs and has a flash of the two magic words, "They think", the seed has been planted to either equal or offend. It is easier to make a parody than to create an original.

The car hobbies are great. Sometimes the humans get in the way.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Guest BigDogDaddy

Mr Earl ! Are you okay ? Do you need an ECNALUBMA ? Somebody check on Mr. Earl please !

Was that a lifted 4x4 Caddy in the background of that pic ?

Mr Earl ! Are you okay ? Do you need an ECNALUBMA ? Somebody check on Mr. Earl please !

Was that a lifted 4x4 Caddy in the background of that pic ?

yes, I think I will live. But man, I have never been so sick in my life as when I viewed that CL ad.

But as my mom always said you should always try and find something good in everything in life...... uhhhh. let me get back to you on that, I'm still looking for it here.....

'66 or '67 Tempest headlights (no change between those years). About a 10" channel. Also, looks like to '62 Caddy 4WD in the pastoral distance is sitting on a dualie rearend, with one wheel missing on the passenger side - I wonder if that's on purpose. This is Jefferson County, Mo, just south of St. Louis, a known rat rod hotbed.

But as my mom always said you should always try and find something good in everything in life...... uhhhh. let me get back to you on that, I'm still looking for it here.....

The chrome around the taillights looked pretty good. Hows that?

Well, this picture ought to be in the dictionary under something, but I can't decide what.

1. drivable-dumpster
  2. road-hazard
  3. ESCIMWGYAT (every single cop in Missouri will give you a ticket)
  4. POS/NSW (piece of something, not sure what)
  5. FUBAR (a military acronym my Dad taught me meaning fouled up beyond all recognition)
  6. JANFU (another one, standing for joint army-navy foul up)

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Dan,

You added the pictures for posterity. Although I see some sociological devils in this movement, some have intrigued me. I'll add something similar that I kind of liked:

post-46237-143142441541_thumb.jpg

With this Riviera?

post-46237-143142441548_thumb.jpg Fun stuff to think about.

Bernie

post-46237-14314244152_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143142441528_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143142441535_thumb.jpg

Dan,

You added the pictures for posterity. Although I see some sociological devils in this movement, some have intrigued me. I'll add something similar that I kind of liked:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]240197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]240198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]240199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]240200[/ATTACH]

With this Riviera?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]240201[/ATTACH] Fun stuff to think about.

Bernie

I like it, too!! Thanks .

Ben

Before the add disappears

[ATTACH=CONFIG]240187[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]240188[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]240189[/ATTACH]

and so you guys can look at it one more time :P

Gee Thanks Dan!!! man, with friends like you guys who needs enemas!!??

I'll be glad to see this thread go to the next page. And knowin this crowd, somebody just put it on their iPhone calendar to update weekly.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to handle tools.

Yeah, Give a crude dude a Sledge Hammer, Welder, and a Cutting Torch and he thinks he has the capacity of a South Bend Lathe and a Bridgeport Mill. He will weld everything together with no thought of what will need to come apart in the future for repair. I have had my share of stuff to repair that has been cobed with a crude quick fix. It often takes 5 time longer to get it apart and make it right than if it was fixed correctly the first time around. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)