Just purchased a '53 Nash Healey

Howdy, Just bought a '53 Nash Healey convertible. I'm new to Nash - this is my first but have owned many other collector cars.

Is there any way to get a production record for a particular VIN through the Chrysler Historical that has those for Chrysler products? I'm figuring Chrysler ended up with everything from AMC from Nash.

Maintenance parts supplier recommendations would be appreciated. Carb kits, fuel pump kits, suspension parts. I intend hobby /pleasure use of the car.

Other suggestions?

Thank you!

post-57494-143142435089_thumb.jpg

I have never owned a Nash but I did like them, except for the bathtub Nashes. When I was getting close to driving age my dad was looking at a bathtub Nash. I told him I would never be caught driving it if he did buy it (not that it would have mattered to him!). He bought a Buick instead and I was saved!!

Terry

I had long admired these cars and done tuning and brake work on one years ago in my shop that I then drove to the customer's home 75 miles away. This one was offered to me in a trade for another collector car and couldn't resist. The 7 main bearing six cylinder with stick overdrive and a chassis by Donald Healey should be a pleasure to drive here in Texas.

post-57494-143142437597_thumb.jpg

Carb kits are easy, don't know about the rest of your requests.

Jon.

Then and Now Automotive (google it) can rebuild your fuel pump or sell you a kit. I think Kanter's has suspension parts for the old Nashes (trunnions and such, or at least shocks). I don't have any Nashes but I have plenty of AMCs. Nice car BTW.

BEAUTIFUL CAR!

Not sure what Chrysler has with regard to data but you might want to try the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Michigan at www.wpchryslermuseum.org . They list a section on History Services so who knows...

I also found a Nash Healey Registry at nashhealeyregistry.com and there is some info there.

Also, the Erie Shores Nash Club (Michigan) puts out a great publication and have seen some articles regarding Nash Healey's. You might want to contact Ralph Marontate (publisher - rmarontate129497mi@comcast.net ) and see what they can offer. I know one of their members around Monroe, Mi has an extensive collection of Nash's and parts. When I inquired about u-joints for my 51 Nash they were very helpful and knowledgeable regarding info.

Hope that helps.

post-36036-143142438727_thumb.jpg Not a Healey but share the same chrome hood emblem but the plastic is gold.

Guest Bob Call

Still:

I have a 54 Austin Healey and a big part of the mechanicals are the Austin A95. Possibly Donald used some of the same mechanicals on both designs. Look at Moss Motors in Goleta, CA, for Brit parts.

Great score.

• 2 weeks later...

You've bought a very special car. Why not contact the Nash Car Club of America. I'm sure you can get some significant help going to the source of Nash information. I don't think the Chrysler Corp would by of much help. Good luck with your car.

Rog

I've received a photo of the front valance and am told that perhaps Len McGrady reproduced them at one time? Someone have contact info for him that I can ask if still available?

Currently going through the hydraulics of the brake system as this car has had too little use and all cylinders have leaked some.

post-57494-143142457706_thumb.jpg

post-57494-143142457713_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Update. I purchased the front valance panel reproduction from Cranberry Construction /McGrady and also a pair of their reproduction tail lamp lenses as the ones in my car were from a Metropolitan! Very pleased. Car now has Vredestein blackwall radial tires and a brake system overhaul and is out driving and to its first show last weekend.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nashhealeyregistry
Howdy, Just bought a '53 Nash Healey convertible. I'm new to Nash - this is my first but have owned many other collector cars.

Is there any way to get a production record for a particular VIN through the Chrysler Historical that has those for Chrysler products? I'm figuring Chrysler ended up with everything from AMC from Nash.

Maintenance parts supplier recommendations would be appreciated. Carb kits, fuel pump kits, suspension parts. I intend hobby /pleasure use of the car.

Other suggestions?

Thank you!

Please contact me at nashhealeyregistry@gmail.com . The Nash Healey Registry is a group of Nash Healey Owners