Chrysler Part Identification???

Guest dave5861

Guest dave5861

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and am hoping someone here can give me some help identifying a part.

My son purchased a 85' Chrysler Fifth Ave.

The front LH spindle knuckle needs to be replaced and since there isn't a parts store that carries this part, we resorted to a salvage part.

We found the spindle in TX and had it shipped to OH. We got the spindle installed but when installing the bearings and rotor we found that the outer bearing was to small.

I'm thinking that the salvage part came off something other than an 85' Fifth Ave.

My question to you all...is there a way to identify the spindle through the cast part number on the spindle??

Part number is 3815711N16390: 1

If there is a website or parts catalog that I can cross-reference this part number with to find out what year,make and model this spindle came off of it would be a HUGE help.

Thank in advance, Dave

Guest CDNDCPD

Hi Dave

That car is a little outside my main area but I think I can help you. First thing is that the first 7 digits of that number are going to be the part number or forging number. Often times there will be a casting or forging number for the raw part and the actual finished part number will be a couple digits off, so you may not find that number in any book. There is an 86 Diplomat in my garage and an 85 Fifth at my farm that I could look at if it comes to that. Just to be clear, you are talking about the spindle and not the steering arm, correct ? These guys are discussing a similar # and it sure sounds like they are talking the steering arm (that bolts to the spindle, tie rod end, and ball joint) http://www.aspenandvolare.com/archive/index.php/t-6297.html?

Anyway, I am surprised you had to get a part from TX as I would imagine there is a 100 Fifths/Diplomats within 50 miles of anyone.

Do you have a picture of the part ? I could look at the Diplomat tomorrow and let you know what I see.