Trek Tech Session

franklin28

Hell everyone,

We are looking for ideas for this years Tech Sessions. Any and all ideas are welcome and will be considered.

Simply respond to this post and lets see what the response is to each idea.

It would be great to come up with topics that will be of interest to the most number of people.

Thank you,

Bob H

Hell everyone,

We are looking for ideas for this years Tech Sessions. Any and all ideas are welcome and will be considered.

Simply respond to this post and lets see what the response is to each idea.

It would be great to come up with topics that will be of interest to the most number of people.

Thank you,

Bob H

Forgot to mention that these are the Tech Sessions to be held at the TREK in Cazenovia this summer.

Hi Bob,

How about something to do with gauges and/or switches. How difficult is it to fix, say a gas gauge (electric) or ammeter, or oil level gauge? Or is this the territory of strictly pros? How about ignition or light switches? How easy is it to fix them?

How about how to install seat belts for folks who want them?

Or how about someone to talk about insurance - advantages/disadvantages of various kinds/companies?

Bill

Bob,

Maybe we should have some explanation and/or instruction on the worst four letter word we deal with. FADE! More specifically Brake Fade. We live in a world of disc brakes and many people have no idea what we're talking about when we mention fade, let alone how to prevent it (to a degree) or deal with it. Us old farts grew up with drum brakes and understand the problem. Many of our younger members don't and also don't understand that with a driveshaft emergency brake it's important to have both back wheels on solid footing in order to work. Just a thought.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

How about a discussion of the current "state of the art" in terms of replacement chassis parts? Put up a slide of a 145/47 chassis and go front to rear to discuss what parts (bearings, seals, break kits, etc.) can currently be purchased and where. Engine parts (valves, inserts, and so forth) could be included depending on the desired scope. Another possible tangent could be discussions of what from 1930 applies to series 15,16,19 and what applies to series 10,11,12,13. If we discuss series 10 to 19, it should interest almost everyone but possibly Bouvard! I would bet if we get Paul, Tom, Jeff, and everyone else in one room and go through the chassis systematically, most people would learn something is available that they didn't know about.

Most importantly, someone should TAKE NOTES! (Since I have nothing really to add to the above discussion, I'll volunteer to take notes and write it up for FSS or something. I leave Wednesday morning, so it would have to be before that if I'm going to do it.)

Could we get the Web Master to give a talk on how easy it is to join this sight. Everyone reading this knows but it looks like 90% of the club is afraid of the sight.

If I make it I would like to know how to put pictures on it.