1933 Chrysler Wanted

Wish to once again connect with my first love... the 1933 Chrysler Royal Eight four door sedan. Not interested in a trailer queen, but a driver. Have had a couple of flirtations over the years, but it's time to get serious. Have a 1931 Model A Town Sedan to trade. Time to revisit 1960 and my first car! Please contact jscanlon48@aol.com. Thank You!

• 1 month later...
Wish to once again connect with my first love... the 1933 Chrysler Royal Eight four door sedan. Not interested in a trailer queen, but a driver. Have had a couple of flirtations over the years, but it's time to get serious. Have a 1931 Model A Town Sedan to trade. Time to revisit 1960 and my first car! Please contact jscanlon48@aol.com. Thank You!

btt

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I have a 1933 Chrysler Royal 8 model CT convertible coupe for sale. It was restored by Stan Marcum of Syracuse ,N.Y. (well known for his enthusiasm and collection of 1933 Chrysler products) It took a senior award at Hershey in 1980 and a grand national award in 1985, has been driven a total of 9,000 miles since the restoration was finished in 1980. Car is still in amazing condition, condition 8 1/2 or 9  out of 10. I bought it in 2000 from Stan when our son was little, and now he no longer fits in the rumble seat! It has sidemounts, metal tire covers, and the optional "red head" (a real one not just red paint) plus the vacuum clutch is all present and working if you want it to - I didn't use it. Look at the Sept-October issue of the Antique Automobile for a photo ad. Car is on long island, N.Y.

Guest Riviera244

There is a 1932 Chrysler 8, 4-door sedan, in the condition you describe at Riley & Scranton in Glastonbury, CT. 860-633-3669, ask for Earl. My understanding is that the owner passed away and they are helping his widow find a new home for the car.

[Correction: It's a '33 Royal 8]

Edited by Riviera244 (see edit history)

Thanks! I'm familiar with the car, but the owner wants WAY too much based on it's condition and won't listen to a reasonable offer. Earl is a great guy!

When an owner has unrealistic expectations,

just wait a while.  Give them your name and number,

telling them politely that you may be interested if

their expectations change.  Then call in 6 and 12 months,

and very likely the car may still be for sale more reasonably.

If it's a widow, she probably has no use for the car.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I inquired into that car and couldn't get any more photos.,  The guy wanted me to call him.  He said the interior is in excellent original condition and it was bought at a major auction in Canada.  I don't recall but I don't think he told me when it was last on the road. (one of just the few questions I directly asked).  It's a 6 as well.  That he did answer after 3 email inquiries.  He wouldn't send any extra photos.  You will probably have to go look at it to get much more info.  Looks pretty clean in the few photos. Price seemed reasonable but without other info hard to say.

I was debating on sharing it as I was interested in it but I really need to spend my pennies on a new garage/shop here at the house.

I have a 1933 Chrysler Royal 8 model CT convertible coupe for sale. It was restored by Stan Marcum of Syracuse ,N.Y. (well known for his enthusiasm and collection of 1933 Chrysler products) It took a senior award at Hershey in 1980 and a grand national award in 1985, has been driven a total of 9,000 miles since the restoration was finished in 1980. Car is still in amazing condition, condition 8 1/2 or 9  out of 10. I bought it in 2000 from Stan when our son was little, and now he no longer fits in the rumble seat! It has sidemounts, metal tire covers, and the optional "red head" (a real one not just red paint) plus the vacuum clutch is all present and working if you want it to - I didn't use it. Look at the Sept-October issue of the Antique Automobile for a photo ad. Car is on long island, N.Y.

I knew Stan and the car you have. He was a a true gentleman and a a credit to our hobby. I miss him and all his knowledge of these wonderful cars.

Greg Biskey