Can you ID the year of this Buick 8 button??

TerryB

Came across this Buick 8 pinback button in a box of stuff I inherited. I'm a MoPar guy so my knowedge of Buick items is limited. I believe its an original dealer lapel pinback button. It measures about 1 1/4" in diameter. Has anyone seen it before and what year(s) does it represent? The design seems like mid 1930's to me.

Thanks for your inputs,

Terry

post-88107-143142426494_thumb.jpg

post-88107-143142426487_thumb.jpg

When looking at the back of the piece, I can tell you that from owning approx. 6 of the actual grill pieces, that the back on your pin is somewhat different that the grill piece.

I'm leaning toward BUICK had these produced, and maybe like you said, gave to dealer, MAYBE.

Dale in Indy

post-67970-143142427684_thumb.jpg Here is a 1936 grill piece that was in bad shape when I purchased it, so I removed the Buick script, which by the way is solid copper under the chrome, then I made a arty piece. The aluminum backing came from an inspiration I had from looking at a 1936 Buick piece of ad literature.

I cut that out, and mounted the script on a piece of neat wood. I have since given the piece to our son who really liked the piece, and each time he saw it said, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE THAT TO ME. He's a great son, so it's his now. I had removed the leather, and engine turned metal when I gave it to him.

Dale in Indy

• 5 months later...
Do you still have the pin and is it for sale ?

Yes I still have the pin, and yes I have decided to sell it. As for the price I am asking $70 for it. Send me a Personal Message if you are interested in it.

Terry Boyer

Lititz PA 17543

• 2 weeks later...