Dodge 6 Business Coupe '29: Help - trunk lid & general information

Hello,

I own a Dodge 6 Business Coupe (1929).

Overe here in Germany, there are only few information about this type of car.

Among other things the lid of the trunk is missing.

My goal is to create a replacement lid or find an original one.

Therefore it would be great if some members of this forum could post a (detailed)

picture of an original trunk lid or could give me a hint where I can buy one.

There car I bought was topic of a thread in this forum before.

I'd be happy about any further information regarding the Dodge 6 Business Coupe.

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Trunk lids are very difficult to locate here in the states and presumably impossible to find in Germany. Pictures of the original lid are easy enough with a Google search or I can provide some factory photos of the area in question if you would like.

Information concerning the car is usually easy enough to come by but for time sake you may want to be more specific in the questions so answers are not given that would be redundant.

Post some photos of your car if you are able.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Pictures of the original lid are easy enough with a Google search or I can provide some factory photos of the area in question if you would like.

I would appreciate it very much if you can post some factory photos. (Especially the underside of the trunk lid including lock, hinges and fortification.)

I will post some photos of the car as soon as possible. The car is currrently transported on a ship from US to Germany.

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Edited by 29 Dodge Buisness Coupe (see edit history)

Thank you for the fast reply.

I would appreciate it very much if you can post some factory photos. (Especially the underside of the trunk lid including lock, hinges and fortification.)

I will post some photos of the car as soon as possible. The car is currrently transported on a ship from US to Germany.

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Send an e-mail to jhason2@yahoo.com and I will put you in contact with a person whom owns similar car that I am sure would be willing to help.

In the mean-time I will see what I can dig up over the next few days

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I am still looking for any viable information of hinges from a 1929 Dodge 6 Business Coupe. I want to start the reconstruction as soon as possible and I only need one good picture of the working/final trunk lid hinges. See some pictures attached.

Thank you in advance for any infomation

post-99617-143142872104_thumb.jpg

post-99617-143142872093_thumb.jpg

Edited by 29 Dodge Buisness Coupe (see edit history)

Hello keiser31,

that actually looks like what I need. Can you provide a better shot of the trunk lid and the hinges attached to it?

Thank you in advance

Thomas

I wish I could, but that is not my car or my photo. I will see what else I can find for you. Try this guy and see if the lid fits....http://forums.aaca.org/f154/1929-1930-1931-plymouth-desoto-coupe-382462.html

John

Hello,

I wish I could, but that is not my car or my photo. I will see what else I can find for you.

thank you for your help.

Try this guy and see if the lid fits....http://forums.aaca.org/f154/1929-193...pe-382462.html

Unfortunately these one will not fit. Furthermore as far as I know Dodge used steal/metal inlets for their trunks and they are quite different at all, Chrysler and Plymouth used wooden inlets. I inspected one once. Though I am very glad for any help.

Thank you in advance

Thomas

Hello dwollam,

thank you. These pictures are exactly what I am looking for. Are you still in possession of the car and provide some pictures of the trunk lid hinges as seen from the top.

Furthermore I am looking for pictures of the roof and I am looking to buy some DA parts that are up for sale.

Thank you all again for your valuable help.

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hello, thank you for your information. Through the pictures I was able to get very far. The only thing missing is the upper sheet. Though I have finished it almost. A friend helped me although it is not easy over here in Germany to repair such a wonderful old car. If someone wants to sell parts for these Dodge, I 'm interested.

Thank you

Thomas

post-99617-14314299341_thumb.jpg

post-99617-143142993402_thumb.jpg