How to remove the torque tube on '38

Beltfed

Got the rear end and torque tube out of car. Remove all fasteners from tube to rear end. Tube will not slide off the drive shaft. It has to move in order to get the pin to de-couple drive shaft to rear end. What am I missing? The books don't have the info that I can find. Thanks.

Sorry guys, I got the tube to let loose of the rear end. The PO had used that blue RTV to join the two pieces together. I finally just drove a screwdriver between the two pieces at the front of the rear end. It let go and the rest is history. Now how to figure out how to get all the stuff back into the front of the drive shaft after I remove the snap ring and several important parts fell out on the floor. Went to a dinner party tonight with local car builders I hang with to plan the first long trip of the year to Myrtle Beach and stated Henry Ford should have been put in a mental hospital as a teenager.

Another question of this thing. Got the torque tube and drive shaft on work bench check it out. It looks to me that the snap ring at the front of the drive shaft #17286 does have to be removed so the torque tube can be moved forward to get at the pin holding the drive shaft the rear end. The drive shaft can be moved forward in the tube but it will not go any further back than the normal position it fits in when assembled. Am I correct on this? Thanks.