high mileage convertable for sale

zoltanb

Thank you seller for telling us so much about your car. I don't get it. Craigs List is free, yet some sellers give you minimum information and photos.

^^^^ this! Not only that, but no pictures of the interior either. I don't get it. It would be so easy to add a bit more pertinent information to help generate more interest. I see the same kind of one line descriptions on ebay now, and people are paying for placement there. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this Reatta convertible.. Any of you check out the car in person? I was sent some really good photos of the under side. No rust anywhere. So-----I just bought my first Reatta ----sight unseen!!! ! get on the airliner to OK City at 2:40 AM.. I'll find if it drives home or not. I'll post some photos on the way back to western Colorado.

Thank you seller for telling us so much about your car. I don't get it. Craigs List is free, yet some sellers give you minimum information and photos.

Kind of sounds like a lot of one time posters who just use this site to post their ads.

Best of luck RulesReattas. I'm curious how it turns out for you.

Zoltanb! Thanks for posting this Craigslist ad. I'd never would have had this adventure without your kindness. This form is great! I picked the car up Saturday morning in Edmons,Ok. The car seemed ready for the eight hundred ride back to Colorado. I made it to La Junta, Colorado that Saturday night where I got a motel room. Back on the west slope Sunday. The convertible used no oil and I got good gas mileage----No problems at all on the trip home. The car has no rust at all. The factory paint is very nice and I can find no door dings or scrapes. The interior is not so nice. Top is shot. Windshield cracked. Needs struts. Everything seems to work as it should-----Air, ABS, lights etc. The after market sound system has to be replaced----no tunes on the drive home. I am very happy with my "Sight unseen" , $1250.00 Reatta convertible. I will post photos when I do the autopsy.

I did the same thing once when I bought my first Reatta 11 years ago. I bought it sight unseen on Ebay after having the local Buick dealership inspect it for me. The car was in Chicago and I was travelling on business frequently from Seattle to Cleveland. On the trip home I flew into OHare and took a taxi to meet the seller at his place of business. The car was generally as described but it was filthy inside and out. Food was caked in the seat seams. The dealership also missed that the struts were shot which I discovered on the way home. The seller removed his plates and I had to drive unlicensed to the DMV to get a temporary permit. The seller also claimed he had a clear title but I discovered that he had just paid off the car and hadn't received the title from the DMV yet. It took the State of Illinois 3 months to finally get the title to me. I verified that the loan was paid off and with some reluctance, I paid him the remainder of what I agreed to on Ebay and began the journey home. Except for the bad struts which made the driving unpleasant at times, the trip was very enjoyable. As it was in early May, I even hit some snow as I crossed the Rockies without incident. It was the first time I ever had driven a Reatta and as each mile passed, I began to love the car more and more. I know who has the car today and they are still enjoying it. I think I rescued it just in time from the rustbelt before anything bad began to happen. I have since purchased 2 more Reattas (all 90's) and now could finally afford a convertible which will probably be the last car I buy for myself.

I hope your new Reatta gives you the same pleasure all of mine have given me.

• 1 month later...
Guest crankshaft

You Guys find some great Deals

How about Sharing ?

I'll take the white one on the lift.

I like working on them.

Rules-

Nice deal you worked there. Are all those in the hangar yours? That's a nice load of Reattae! I count 4, at least three convertibles there. The red one I can't tell as the roof is beyond the edge of the picture.

KDirk

• 3 weeks later...
post-59602-14314254665_thumb.jpgI have removed the BOOM BOX stereo from this cheap convertible, I think the stuff was installed in 2000, The install was very well done with hi-dollar components. I did not damage the system [no cut wires, etc.] Someone spent a lot of money and time just to build the wire loom. Maybe someone could convert their Reatta into a BOOM BOX and use some of this stuff. It should fit a coupe also. Sale or trade?