Rubber trunk mats

DAVES89

Guest my3buicks

Accessory rubber Buick trunk mats were an option in the 60 & 70's, up through 67 they were called fawn (brown) in 68 (69 for sure) they went to black, still with the white Tri-shield in the center, at some point mid 70's more than likely 77 the style changed, they were lighter wight and Tri-Shield was black, not sure how long those lasted before they went to the ones with the GM logo.

post-30591-143142419025_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

I am looking for Buick rubber trunk mats in salvage yards. I thought they were in Park Avenues, but haven't found any. Any help on year and model Buick?

Did you see the one on ebay? He claims it is for '91-'96 Park Aves:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-91-96-Park-Avenue-ULTRA-Rear-Trunk-Rubber-Mat-Liner-w-LOGO-Emblem-/170760138135?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABuick&hash=item27c218ed97&vxp=mtr

A lot of times these mats and other accessories are "dealer installed options", rather than regular factory options. I bought a set of logo rubber mats for my Rendezvous from the dealer that were marketed the same way. My Suburban was the other way around. It came with vinyl mats. But in '97, the factory offered nicer carpeted ones as an option. So I bought a set of those for summer use.

• 3 months later...
Did you see the one on ebay? He claims it is for '91-'96 Park Aves:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-91-96-Park-Avenue-ULTRA-Rear-Trunk-Rubber-Mat-Liner-w-LOGO-Emblem-/170760138135?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABuick&hash=item27c218ed97&vxp=mtr

A lot of times these mats and other accessories are "dealer installed options", rather than regular factory options. I bought a set of logo rubber mats for my Rendezvous from the dealer that were marketed the same way. My Suburban was the other way around. It came with vinyl mats. But in '97, the factory offered nicer carpeted ones as an option. So I bought a set of those for summer use.

This one is still for sale. I kick myself for walking by one a couple of years ago at Gibson's and not grabbing it. At the time I only had the Red [for summer] and the Black [for winter] so swapping the mats was easy. But now I have the 'vert and would like one for that.

Oh well the search goes on...

• 3 weeks later...

I just got it on Saturday. I had a guy on the Riv site who needed parts from Gibson's order it for me. I gave him a good deal on the parts and he allowed me to keep my dignity by paying for the mat and having it shipped to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When it rains it pours. I was out at Gibson's today getting a tire jack for my brother's Buick Century when I saw a "fresh" Park Avenue [with keys]. Opened the trunk and found another mat.

Right now with the issues I am having with the Black's tranny I will have one more mat then Reattas [Reattae?]