Edelbrock 3-bolt 2 x2 V-12 intake manifold

bclement

Does anybody have any information on this? Is it a good thing, bad thing, etc.? I have a '41 Continental Coupe with a '48 engine and an extra rebuilt '38 V-12. Not sure if I should use this, sell, or just hang on to this. There don't seem to be too many out there but they are reproducing a tri-carb setup.

post-96847-143142416007_thumb.png

post-96847-143142416013_thumb.png

It depends what you are doing...I had an Edmunds dual manifold on my car but my mentor Tom Mauder considered it sacrilege to

put it on, "not as Henrymade it" If you want to go fast buy a GTO.. Now, I kinda wish I had it..The new generation of collectors

has different attitude regarding hot rods..The manifold will help performance, better throttle response and such..should add duals exhaust

and better tires..manifolds sell for big money!!

My car is a little salty and no where close to the prettiest girl on the beach......but always gets a second look. The previous owner had done several mods, to include the '48 engine for 'better' cooling, 12 volt conversion, etc. My concern was necessarily one of originality or really even out of performance. I believe the intake is a 'period' performance upgrade and wonder if the stock engine can handle it? The tri carb set up I would think would really require some internal performance upgrades to keep the engine from killing itself. Dual....maybe not so much. I've not really seen or heard too much about the Edelbrocks but have seen several Edmunds? I really just don't know that much about it. If it were V-8, it would probably be worth a ton, V-12....not that many of us out there.

Oh by the way, Go Bucks!! TBDBITL, 94-98!! S-12!!

post-96847-143142416469_thumb.jpg

post-96847-143142416497_thumb.jpg

No experience with duals on a V12 but more than I would like on less cylinder cars. I will never again run dual carbs on anything. I can't afford the time to keep them tuned nor the money to have the engine rebuilt after burning them up due to the carbs being out of sync for one reason or another. I didn't sell my last dual carb setup, I GAVE it away.

But with that said, wow factor is large. Dual exhaust with burned out cherry bombs, that I would like to hear.

That's what I'm concerned about.....I don't believe this is a bolt on and go upgrade. That being said, with an extra rebuilt engine to play with......maybe this is just something I should sit on for another day! I read in another post that Edelbrock hasn't made a dual car V-12 intake since 1948? Anybody know anything about that?

I have been running the edelbrock 2x2 intake for 8 years and it helps the little V12 run and keep up with newer cars. Noticed a slight drop in vacuum reading and a slightly rougher idle ( cant balance a dime on the radiator anymore with the engine running). Not hard to set up except for the linkage.

I tried different jets and ended up with the stock jets in a pair of Lincoln Holley 94s, I ordered the adapter from speedway motors to run the four bolt carbs.

My car still gets 18 mpg on the hwy, was up to 22 with the single 2bbl. You will get better fuel distrabution and less plug fouling on the center plugs.

Clean it up and put it on, you will like the way your car runs.

Here is a pic of my engine.

post-32161-143142417217_thumb.jpg

Does anybody have any information on this? Is it a good thing, bad thing, etc.? I have a '41 Continental Coupe with a '48 engine and an extra rebuilt '38 V-12. Not sure if I should use this, sell, or just hang on to this. There don't seem to be too many out there but they are reproducing a tri-carb setup.

I have an Edmunds dual intake manifold and two rebuilt carbs waiting to be installed. I need a fuel manifold and the linkage. Do you know where I can get this. Glenn Lorei

Why do there seem to a bunch of Edmunds and very few Edelbrocks? Is this period speed equipment, old Hot Rod? Does anybody have the back story on what this is? Obviously you could bolt it on and go, but if that is a dumb idea I wish someone would tell me. You can buy new ones for Pete's sake!

I took pictures of my edelbrock 2x2 intake to SEMA show a few years ago and talked with Vic Edelbrock, He said his dad started building them for a lot of the drag racers back in 46, Don Garlits was one of the first to run his intake and he said he did very good racing the old V12s in 32-34 coupes, He switched over to Dodge Hemis when the came out in 51.

Guest HARRILL1

My worst experience with a Edmunds two carb setup on a '46 Mercury happened on the night of high school graduation. While drag racing, the generator bolt tore out of the manifold and needless to say I had some serious damage.

Very cool story! That seems to jive with what I've found out too. Rumor has it that the Edelbrocks are pre-1950, and then they just stopped. No idea how many they made, but your drag application makes perfect sense. By that time most people were pulling the V12s out of the old Lincolns and switching to V8s. Wouldlove to see the pictures of yours if you still have some!

Brad

Guest Jim Zephyr

I gotta admit the two carb set up is great looking, but by far the coolest aspect of a V-12 running well is the dead silent

idle - hotrod set ups are not known for that. I often find myself hitting the gas just to confirm it is still running (of

course it is...) and at a stoplight you can hear the engine ticking in the car next to you. It is a luxury car and

that is its bragging point -

Edited by Jim Zephyr (see edit history)