Kissel car or not Kissel car.

Leif Holmberg

Need your help with this one.

Leif in Sweden.

Leif,

It appears to be a 1916-1918 Kissel. See attachment. But there are some problems.

I own a 1918 Kissel. The radiator shell, radiator shape, and headlights in your picture are identical to my 1918 Kissel. The hood and lack of firewall trim are identical, the sloped windshield is Kissel, as it was ahead of its time with that design. The hub caps and 6 lug wood whhels appear Kissel.

However, there is no Kissel radiator medalion where it should be right on the radiator. and the fenders have rounded edges. Kissel fenders were NOT rounded until the early 1920's long after their radiators changed to horse collar design.

So it could be an early teens Kissel with later twenties fenders. Otherwise I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

RON HAUSMANN P.E.

post-58797-143142418561_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ron,We have had one people that told us it could be a Stearns Knight 1916 as well ,what do you guys and girls think about that,i have been looking at the webb but couldn`t find a picture that show the year and model of a Stearns Knight as in the picture.

Leif in Sweden.

Lief,

The American Standard Catalogue for Stearns knight cars seem to show the same hood, lights, and windshield that is in your pictures too. And the fenders in the cataloge pictures for Stearns Knights of that period appear to be rounded, not flat sided like Kissels. so it might be a Stearns.

Thanks, RON

Thanks for your help Ron,it dosen`t seems that we will came any closer than that.My self I was thinking of a S.A.F car built in Sweden around 1920 (23 was built) they were made of American car parts in Bollnäs Sweden.But I`M proberly wrong,but here are some pictures of the S.A.F =Svenska Automobil Fabriken.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143142420019_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143142420026_thumb.jpg

post-31268-14314242003_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)