1965 Dodge Monaco

Guest Gtharp69

Guest Gtharp69

I recently recovered my deceased Great Uncles car. It has been out of the family for ten years. Does anyone know where I can find chrome trim, and a gas tank? I am new to the site, but am really liking what I see and read on here. I've been around old cars my entire life. The Monaco has 76,865 miles and is all original. 383, with 727 trans.

post-99436-143142408947_thumb.jpg

post-99436-143142408949_thumb.jpg

post-99436-143142408951_thumb.jpg

post-99436-143142408953_thumb.jpg

post-99436-143142408954_thumb.jpg

post-99436-143142408955_thumb.jpg

Thanks Keiser 31, I thought it was kind of rare but wasn't sure. I haven't seen many around.

Especially rare is the console extension between the REAR seats! That is similar to the Chrysler Turbine car feature.

Cool car. I remember a friend's father bought one of these new and we got to drive it. We thought it was pretty fast, we did a zero-to-60 in less than 10 seconds timed by a wristwatch. I remember the 4 bucket seat interior treatment and the wicker trim, very sporty for a large car. Good luck fixing it up!

Especially rare is the console extension between the REAR seats! That is similar to the Chrysler Turbine car feature.

I thought only the first Chargers had that. That will be a great cruiser. Those mid-sixties dodges had a clen, classy yet sporty look about them. Happy rides!

I thought only the first Chargers had that. That will be a great cruiser. Those mid-sixties dodges had a clen, classy yet sporty look about them. Happy rides!

Yes, the first generation Chargers had that feature (a different style), but it is rare in the Monaco.

Guest Gtharp69

Thanks everyone for the help with finding parts! I have been researching the Monaco, and am baffled. I can find Monacos, and Monaco 500's. My title says my car is a Monaco Brougham. I can't find any info on this. Ideas??

The console extension does not extend between the rear seats. The console ends at the seat. The image shows the aforementioned Charger and Chrysler Turbine plus the Chrysler 300G where the console does extend between the rear seat. Still a neat car and interior nonetheless.

Dodge_Charger_zps73e2049f.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help with finding parts! I have been researching the Monaco, and am baffled. I can find Monacos, and Monaco 500's. My title says my car is a Monaco Brougham. I can't find any info on this. Ideas??

Yours would be the Monaco. There was no "Brougham" or "Monaco 500". The Polara, Custom 880 and the Monaco were similar. Here is some information...as you can see, the console stops behind the front seats.

post-37352-143142410592_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142410604_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142410613_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142410722_thumb.jpg

Yep.....that is why I said, "similar". Most consoles stop at the back of the front seats.

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were referring to the Dodge in the OP's original post with "Especially rare is the console extension between the REAR seats!"

You are correct. Most do end at the back of the front seat. I beg your pardon.

Guest Gtharp69

Yeah the console ends at the back seat. The title says monaco brougham, so I dunno. I believe they never made a brougham, as I can't find any information on them. That's what is on the title though.

Guest Gtharp69

The best part is the wicker inserts, and backs of the front seats. It's a very cool car, I love driving it! It's very sentimental when I drive it, as it was my great uncles pride and joy. After the full restore it'll be one heck of a ride. It will never be sold outside of the family again.

Edited by Gtharp69 (see edit history)

Guest Gtharp69

I'll get some for you tomorrow Pat. The wicker is on the backs of the front seats, and insert strips on all the door panels.