1933 - 1934 Plymouth reproduction parts?

keen25

I would like to hear from owners of 1933 and 1934 Plymouth and Dodge cars; what are the most needed parts that owners would like to see reproduced? Also, Would $400.00 be a good price for a set (2) of the side-mount bars which are made from 316 stainless steel and polished for such cars ? Thank you. Erick

Hi ply33, that is big one. In the 80's NC industries made a reproduction mat from my father's 33 pd 4-door sedan and the mat's rubber "tails" that run along side the door sill and side of the seat are not on the sedans but are on the coupe. I would like to find out what happened to the tooling NC Industries had or who made the mat. I was thinking about making a drawing of the mart and sending it to some of the people who remake rubber parts. But I would be asked how many would they sell. Erick

Erick,

I bought the NC Industries mat back in the 90's. I do not know if they still sell it.

Thinking out loud the following parts are not easy to find:

For 33 PD

Door Handles including the locking style.

Door Handle escutcheon plates. Most originals are broken and cracked making them difficult to plate.

Rumble seat floor mat. I have not ever seen one, even originals.

Chris

Almost forgot the tail light stands for 33 PD.

NC sells the one without the license plate bracket but are long out of stock on the ones with the license plate bracket.

I am wondering if the brackets for right and left are the same just the bracket is attached to driver side?

Erick,

I bought the NC Industries mat back in the 90's. I do not know if they still sell it.

Thinking out loud the following parts are not easy to find:

For 33 PD

Door Handles including the locking style.

Door Handle escutcheon plates. Most originals are broken and cracked making them difficult to plate.

Rumble seat floor mat. I have not ever seen one, even originals.

Chris

That locking style handle could be one I'd be interested in.

I have some reproduction escutcheons that I think I got from N/C Industries. Might want to check if they have them. The repros I have are cast and the points don't dig in and work as well as the stamped originals. Also they are chrome plated instead of the proper nickel plate for interior brightwork.

Hi ply33, that is big one. In the 80's NC industries made a reproduction mat from my father's 33 pd 4-door sedan and the mat's rubber "tails" that run along side the door sill and side of the seat are not on the sedans but are on the coupe. I would like to find out what happened to the tooling NC Industries had or who made the mat. I was thinking about making a drawing of the mart and sending it to some of the people who remake rubber parts. But I would be asked how many would they sell. Erick

I've got a drawing/sketch of the N/C Industries reproduction mat made for my by the previous 33 tech advisor for the Plymouth Club.

About 10 or 15 years ago I asked N/C Industries about making more floor mats. Apparently the tooling, while owned by N/C, was being stored at the rubber company. And the rubber company threw it out. At the time I talked with them they did not think there was enough market to cover the cost of new tooling.

For what it is worth, I've tossed up a table in the parts area on my web site showing the various part numbers for floor mats for '33 and '34 which shows which body types used a common mat. I did not put up the numbers for right hand drive, just the "normal ones" that would be used in cars in the US. That is at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group23#23-20-08

Would $400.00 be a good price for a set (2) of the side-mount bars which are made from 316 stainless steel and polished for such cars ? Thank you. Erick

Hi Erick, I am in the process of looking to making the bars myself as I haven't had any luck trying to locate them, perhaps you can send me photos, you have email address ref luggage rack grommets.

Thanks​

• 3 weeks later...
Almost forgot the tail light stands for 33 PD.

NC sells the one without the license plate bracket but are long out of stock on the ones with the license plate bracket.

I am wondering if the brackets for right and left are the same just the bracket is attached to driver side?

Chris the stands are the same, what's different is the bucket fixing. Both have bucket fixings welded to them but of course one is round and the other is integral with the licence plate .

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a friend restoring a 34 Plymouth PF convertible coupe. There appears to have been some sort of panel under the area where the top folds down just behind the seat. Do any of you have a picture of this piece? Its been chopped out and we have no idea how it looked. Also at the rear of the door bottom opening their appears to have been a structure of some type welded on the floor pan. Also cut out and missing. Any help appreciated. 

22 hours ago, 3Eagles said:

I have a friend restoring a 34 Plymouth PF convertible coupe. There appears to have been some sort of panel under the area where the top folds down just behind the seat. Do any of you have a picture of this piece? Its been chopped out and we have no idea how it looked. Also at the rear of the door bottom opening their appears to have been a structure of some type welded on the floor pan. Also cut out and missing. Any help appreciated. 

Mine was the same way when I found it.  Had it fabricated based upon several pictures.  Here is one of them, will shoot you the rest when I get back to my other computer.  P.S.  If it is a 34 Plymouth convertible coupe, it is not a PF.  The convertible coupe was only available in the long wheelbase (114") PE model.

34peconvwindshield.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I would love to find, or possibly have reproduced, the upper and lower stainless steel trim pieces that secure the stainless surrounds on my 1934 Plymouth grill(mine are missing).  I also would love to find a grill insert.  I am not a street rodder, so the billet aluminum inserts that are made will not work for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jack H.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:15 AM, classiccarjack said:

Hello,

I would love to find, or possibly have reproduced, the upper and lower stainless steel trim pieces that secure the stainless surrounds on my 1934 Plymouth grill(mine are missing).  I also would love to find a grill insert.  I am not a street rodder, so the billet aluminum inserts that are made will not work for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jack H.

I have the upper piece, good luck finding the lower one.  Shoot me a PM, I'm in San Diego.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

Hi Scott,. How do I get in touch with you?

On a web browser viewing this thread, put the mouse over Scott's name where he posted the "Shoot me a PM" response. A pop up will appear and one of the options will look like an envelop. Click on that and you can send him a Personal Message (PM).

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, ply33 said:

On a web browser viewing this thread, put the mouse over Scott's name where he posted the "Shoot me a PM" response. A pop up will appear and one of the options will look like an envelop. Click on that and you can send him a Personal Message (PM).

Thank you Ply33, I did try that at first.  He did respond to my PM, I will call him tomorrow. 

Fortunately this is a easy forum to utilize.  It's very similar to a couple that I am a member of.  I do appreciate you reaching out to me to try to help me along.  Most people in other forums will leave a guy hanging...  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rich 2504 said:

It would be nice to get New brake drums for the 1933 Plymouth 

+10 for this.

I wonder if there is enough of us desiring new drums to be able to get some sets made up. No idea on what that would cost. Anyone done this recently enough to know the current methods and prices?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, ply33 said:

+10 for this.

I wonder if there is enough of us desiring new drums to be able to get some sets made up. No idea on what that would cost. Anyone done this recently enough to know the current methods and prices?

I know I would buy I wonder what people do if they need one that was bad I know I found a guy that sold me some new headlight buckets for my 33 PD So I’m getting mine almost done I also switched to a one wire 6 volt alternator which works great now 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...