1926 Ford Model T Coupe - 3 owner car with newly rebuilt $4,000 engine FOR SALE

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

A friend of mine has reached that dreaded part of life when he is up in years (approaching 80) and having to sell his cars and move into a retirement home. He has asked me to help him dispose of his '26 Model T Coupe which he has owned for 42 years (he is the third owner). He tells me that during his 42 years of ownership he might have driven the car 1,000 miles TOTAL consisting of trips around the block with his grandkids, local parades, etc. Do your math - that's less than 24 miles PER YEAR! The car has led a pampered life and has always been stored indoors in an insulated garage.

The original engine was recently completely rebuilt by a professional Model T engine rebuilder at a cost of $4,701.07 (we have all the receipts) and has probably less than 5 miles on it since it was reinstalled. Both the engine and transmission were rebuilt. It has new tires, a new battery and is an unmolested original - it was repainted in 1981 and new upholstery professionally installed; other than that, it has never been disassembled. Everyone wants to find an original car that has not been molested.

If you are looking for a sweet original T like your grandpa had, or just want to take your grandkids for a ride in a local parade, this could be your ride.

Here's a link to the car on ebay with 18 photos and it is selling with NO RESERVE. Auction ends Sunday night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141201625583...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

9w6f.jpg

Thanks,

Fred

Edited by Texas Old Car Guy (see edit history)

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Just a reminder - the ebay auction ends tonight and it is a NO RESERVE auction; someone will be the new owner.

The auction ends at 7:04 PM Pacific time, 8:04 PM Mountain time; 9:04 PM Central time and 10:04 PM Eastern time.

Good luck!