BCA FORUM BREAKFAST MOVED TO HOOTERS @ 11:00 AM

Mark Shaw

Oye, there seems to be an indelible image appearing on my computer screen. LOL

The Pirate Gift exchange rules are simple. Have Fun!

1) Bring a gift worth no more than $20.00 to join.

2) gifts are exchanged by random draw.

3) when called, you can either take a new unopened gift, or "steal" a gift already opened. Those whose gifts are "stolen" then either choose a new gift or "steal" another. The round ends when a new unopened gift is taken.

4) Gifts can be anything you desire. Gifts can only be stolen three times. On the third steal the gift is out of play.

5) First person called also gets rights to the last "steal".

Note, based on last years experience, for whatever reason, fine glass articles don't seem to make it very far from the first opening. Also hotel glass candle holders appear likely to jump off tables and shatter into thousands of pieces , so be careful if you're wearing sandals.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Man, seeing those pictures from last year really makes wish I could go this year. The wife and I had a great time in South Bend! We won't be able to make it to Portland this year. Incredibly bummed but nothing can be done about it. I am, however, trying to arrange a ride up there for my "traveling can of Spam" that I got from Ben last year. He wanted it to travel around to all of the meets and become a yearly forum breakfast tradition so I think it's going to hitch a ride on a plane with Larry Schramm. Love to see the face of the airport security when they x-ray Larry's bag and see a radioactive green glow coming from that mystery meat. Lol. I don't expect a gift in return by the way. I just want to see Ben's tradition continue. Have fun guys and gals.

Man, seeing those pictures from last year really makes wish I could go this year. The wife and I had a great time in South Bend! We won't be able to make it to Portland this year. Incredibly bummed but nothing can be done about it. I am, however, trying to arrange a ride up there for my "traveling can of Spam" that I got from Ben last year. He wanted it to travel around to all of the meets and become a yearly forum breakfast tradition so I think it's going to hitch a ride on a plane with Larry Schramm. Love to see the face of the airport security when they x-ray Larry's bag and see a radioactive green glow coming from that mystery meat. Lol. I don't expect a gift in return by the way. I just want to see Ben's tradition continue. Have fun guys and gals.

Sorry to hear this Robert and Jessica. Re the Spam, that would be the can of Spam that came close to being opened, sliced and fried on the hood of Bens '50 in hot as hell Concord. Had we had some white bread and a Rusty Nail to chase it down with it would never have survived. Stay hungry my friends.

Damn, I'll miss y'all too!!!

My husband (Steve) and I are coming to our first-ever BCA National and hope it is okay for us to attend the Forum breakfast on Friday morning. Sounds like fun! See you in Portland. —Cindy Livingston (art director of the Buick Bugle)

Absolutely!!! and don't be bashful about the gift exchange. Join in if you want to, or not, it's just a fun time. Anything from A (alcohol) to Z is fair game! See you then.

I'm planning to be there this year and I'm bringing my father, George, with me, too. Last year in South Bend, my dad and I arrived too late to join the Pirate Gift Exchange so we just watched all the fun from the sidelines.

Given the announcement by Bill Stoneberg in another thread that the forum breakfast has been moved to 7 AM in the Grand Ballroom - Salon 4 (http://forums.aaca.org/f240/change-location-forum-breakfast-updated-itenerary-375713.html), is it possible to update the title of this thread?

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]

DAY

[/TD]

[TD]

TIME

[/TD]

[TD]

MEETING PURPOSE

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fri. July 25[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Volunteers meeting[/TD]

[TD]7:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Grand Ballroom - Salon 1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Forum breakfast[/TD]

[TD]7:00 am - 9:00 am[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Grand Ballroom - Salon 4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Ike

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

No way that I know of Ike. I edited yours and the first one Mark made and your edited one carried over to this one but if someone replies to a previous one it reverts back the 8 oclock one. The only way I know of to change it totally is if I edit all 54 replies. Ain't happenin... Best I can do is help keep this and the one Bill made to the top. I think the message will get out.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465
Zinfandel? Just trying to keep in the spirit...'s' is for shine, 'm' for moonshine, 'b' for beer, 'n' for Nordeast, etc....

Now that's funny right there.

Guest Rob McDonald
I'll be there. Will be minus a certain Roadmaster but I will be brimming with Buick enthusiasm. Portyland, here I come!

Well, as it turns out, I won't be there after all. Life has not worked out the way I'd planned (foolish me for thinking I could plan my life). I will be reading your reports of shenanigans, so be sure to post them in real time, direct from the breakfast table.

Well, as it turns out, I won't be there after all. Life has not worked out the way I'd planned (foolish me for thinking I could plan my life). I will be reading your reports of shenanigans, so be sure to post them in real time, direct from the breakfast table.

Don't like.

Rather than cancel the Forum Breakfast, I suggest we still have Beers & Brunch at Hooters a couple hundred yards South of the Red Lion, and even closer to Oxford Suites. The Hooters manager is prepared to reserve one corner of the restaurant with plenty of room for our group on Friday morning at 11AM.

What do you say guys....? Good idea? Beers & Brunch at Hooters? We tend to get a bit rowdy anyway....

Post here to let me know if you plan to come....

Thanks for pulling this one out of the ditch Mark. I just hope everyone gets the message. Possibly some strategically placed "signs" advising of the relocation and time change would help. I will be interested in hearing the "rest of the story" on this.

Guest wildcat465

It's too bad that the forum breakfast had to turn to brunch. I guess if we are having a discussion about it, moving the time hurts me more than paying $20 for food. I value my friends more than that. But, I also need to stick to my commitments made. Therefore, I will join in if possible.

Thanks to Lamar for posting the updates.

Unfortunately, there are precious few places for breakfast within walking distance of the meet. Hooters opens for lunch at 11 AM and I expect we will get going with the gift exchange sometime after noon.