Can you identify this beautiful headlight?

Guest Oldman Freeman

Guest Oldman Freeman

I found an interesting, old headlight at a yard sale last summer. Unfortunately, it is a single. I would love to find another for the car I'm building but I don't know what I'm looking for. I think it might be an Auburn but then again…

I did find Stabilite at the top of the lens but I did not find Depress Beam anywhere. I also found Corcoran Lamp Co - Cincinnati along the bottom of the lens. When I pushed on the lens, I could feel spring resistance. There is a screw on the bottom of the lamp, near the lens. It has been abused with a screwdriver so I did not do anything to try it…yet. The lamp was originally painted black but was repainted dark blue. The repaint was sprayed right over the chrome strips. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully, we will learn the original application and maybe find a mate!

Thanks!

Stevepost-97812-143142398732_thumb.jpg

post-97812-143142398703_thumb.jpg

Guest Oldman Freeman

My thought too Dave. The chrome lines are on both sides which would be top and bottom if it were mounted sideways. The way the lens is labeled it would also be sideways. I vote for fender mount.

Guest Oldman Freeman

studerex, it does look pretty close. I found some photos of similarly shaped lights but none with the chrome trim down the sides. I did find some with similar trim on the top. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oldman Freeman
post-97812-143142423914_thumb.pngWinner, winner, chicken dinner! Thank you so much Tom! That is the headlight. Now, does anyone have a spare so we can make a pair?

post-97812-143142423904_thumb.png

post-97812-143142423911_thumb.png