For Sale- 34 Plymouth sedan luggage rack.

countrytravler

• 1 year later...

Dave--I don't think those brackets are for a 34 sedan. The rack and some of the brackets are correct but below the first set of arms that bracket would require two penetrations on each side through the gas tank apron. On my 34 PE sedan (and all of the other 34 Plymouth sedans, 2-dr and 4-dr, the bracket is a big casting for each side with a vertical post that bolts through the bottom to the two 'ears' mounted on the rear of the rear cross member--the same ears where the 34 rear spare tire bracket is bolted up through the bottom (which is different than the 33 spare bracket, which is bolted directly to the rear cross-member, the bolts running horizontally, back to front, instead of up through the bottom). There is then a 'V' bracket of two adjustable rods that run from those vertical posts up to the small bracket up further on top of the rear cross member, at the same point where the single support shaft bolts for the rear spare. See the attached photos of my 34 PE sedan rack, showing the brackets (sorry for all the sawdust all over everything, I had just been running my saw in the garage... .) The other photo is of a spare rack I have with a set of the posts.

post-89602-143142991349_thumb.jpg

post-89602-143142991295_thumb.jpg

post-89602-143142991324_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...