Sourced two 3/8" hose bards with proper thread for intake

Beltfed

I finally received the correct (for me anyway) vacuum connector for my Zephyr. When I got it the wipers were disconnected as was the vacuum switch for the rear end. The PO had just screwed a pipe plug in the vacuum port behind the carb. The hole is not threaded for a pipe thread. It is 9/16-18 straight thread. Here is the part I got from Parker. If you google it, drop the X.

post-88682-143142394862_thumb.jpg

Mssr. Bwatoe, Since my car came with nothing there but a pipe plug and never seeing an original, I had no idea the pic you supplied was the proper setup. Thanks for the information. I will study you picture to see if it is possible to get mine to the correct setup. If not, it will not be a big deal as this car will never be judged by anyone other than a local car show guy and most if not all of them have never seen this engine. Thanks again.

After studying Mssr. Bwatoe's pic for a few minutes I wondered where one might find such a banjo fitting. I will look and it might turn up. I spend years as a fabrication coordinator for a nuclear research reactor at the National Lab at Oak Ridge and have never seen anything like it.

On a personnel note: That set up is just ugly. Why did they fit up a 3/8" tube, then go to rubber tubing for the wipers. Then, the bottom is even worse. Rubber tubing at the banjo, then metal tubing, and rubber tubing again at the rear end vacuum control. What were they thinking?