radiator shell emblem

Guest kaycee

Hi,

I posted this question on the general forum also. I own a '27 Little 8 Marmon and also collect all years of Marmon items. I bought one and have seen these before, but on what year were they used? Instead of the usual radiator shell emblem that I'm used to seeing ( Marmon accross an oval),an oval emblem with the letter M in the middle of an oval and definately a radiator shell emblem? Anyone from the Marmon Club know or anyone have one on their car? Thanks!

kaycee

Guest KEN VAUGHN
Hi,

I posted this question on the general forum also. I own a '27 Little 8 Marmon and also collect all years of Marmon items. I bought one and have seen these before, but on what year were they used? Instead of the usual radiator shell emblem that I'm used to seeing ( Marmon accross an oval),an oval emblem with the letter M in the middle of an oval and definately a radiator shell emblem? Anyone from the Marmon Club know or anyone have one on their car? Thanks!

kaycee

HI KAYCEE:

I RAN ACCROSS A MARMON CAR AND 2ND CAR PARTS PILE

THE CAR IS A 1928 MODEL 78 4 DOOR

OHV 8

I ALSO HAVE ENG (I THINK 1927 FLAT HEAD) TRANS FRONT AND REAR AXLES

BUFFALO WIRE WHEELS

ALMOST A SECOND CAR SHEET METAL DOORS ETC.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT PICS

KEN

Thanks Ken.

I appreciate your reply. Dave Mellor steered me onto a website that indicates that this emblem was used on Marmon export models. I'll do a little more research though. I'll give the parts you have some thought and will PM you. Thanks again!

kaycee

• 7 months later...
Guest kaycee

This emblem is from a 1930 Marmon Roosevelt. !929 Roosevelt had an emblem with Theodore Roosevelt on it. I own two 27 Little Eights (both original owner cars) with the common Marmon oval emblem on them. In 1930 they had a two piece Marmon emblem.

. kaycee.

This emblem is from a 1930 Marmon Roosevelt. !929 Roosevelt had an emblem with Theodore Roosevelt on it. I own two 27 Little Eights (both original owner cars) with the common Marmon oval emblem on them. In 1930 they had a two piece Marmon emblem.

. kaycee.

Thanks very much!