Roof Insulation

jord

What is the best product for the roof insulation before the headliner goes in. Original seems to have been a fibrous material that I cannot find. Some sites recommend double foil insulating sheets, I am concerned about moisture trapped up there.

Thanks again

Look to the suppliers of street rodders/hot rodders for your answer. Since the stuff will be hidden from the judges why not go with a hi-tech product that both protects your ride and does the job. Dynamat or a product like it if you are not at the bare bones building stage. Lizard Skin is a spray on product that people like if they're at the bare bones building stage. The guys cruising in their '32 Fords with big block Chevys and Hemi's with recessed firewalls use this stuff to keep from having to wear fire suits. BTW, jute and like products will retain moisture and that ain't good.

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

Look on ebay for Fatmat, its a rubber with a foil backing very sticky and will not come loose even if you park your car in death valley in the summer time.

I just did the whole inside of my 69 dodge daytona roof and all. Have done 3 other cars with it and never one problem. It is cheaper than most of the other mat and works just as good. great sound deadener for under carpets, inside doors inside the trunk if you are carpeting the trunk area.

I did it on my sons 68 VW squareback wagon and it dropped the decible inside by 25db, That is like putting ear muffs on when you go shooting.

It is also great for keeping heat out, my cars are 25-30 degrees cooler inside in the summer time. Just be careful it is very sticky and once on it is hard to take off.I have some pics of it in my daytona if you want to see it, just PM me with email.