Trunk Hinge and Latch Gaskets?

rockitdoc

What's the ticket for sealing the interface between the trunk hinges and the rear deck/trunk lid surface? I've looked around at the various car parts places and Ace hardware and only find rubber/cellulose and rubber/fiber composites thin enough. These seem too rigid to do the job. Maybe there's actually a Lincoln part that goes here? Car is a '41 LC Coupe, but this application is probably common to lots of models.

Thanks, in advance.

S

Scott, Metro Moulded Parts makes the rubber gasket pads for your trunk hardware. I "Googled" metro moulded parts, select the first selection when their web site pops up and then select "search for parts." Enter year, make, and "continental." Scroll down to MP 817. They also have a few more parts you ming need also.

Scott, Metro Moulded Parts makes the rubber gasket pads for your trunk hardware. I "Googled" metro moulded parts, select the first selection when their web site pops up and then select "search for parts." Enter year, make, and "continental." Scroll down to MP 817. They also have a few more parts you ming need also.

Excellent resource. Thanks John.

these were cleverly installed to isolate the trunk door "electrically" from the body, grommits on all hinges, fiber wafers on all hardware, and a good gasket on the door, so that the car could use it for an antenna...only if you opted for the long distance Ariel did you get the cowl version that pulls up...

these were cleverly installed to isolate the trunk door "electrically" from the body, grommits on all hinges, fiber wafers on all hardware, and a good gasket on the door, so that the car could use it for an antenna...only if you opted for the long distance Ariel did you get the cowl version that pulls up...

Interesting. Mine has the telescoping version on the cowl. I wonder which one works best?

What's the ticket for sealing the interface between the trunk hinges and the rear deck/trunk lid surface? I've looked around at the various car parts places and Ace hardware and only find rubber/cellulose and rubber/fiber composites thin enough. These seem too rigid to do the job. Maybe there's actually a Lincoln part that goes here? Car is a '41 LC Coupe, but this application is probably common to lots of models.

Thanks, in advance.

S

I received mine from Naragansit (Ed Pease)Lee

AM radio transmissions (commercial) are sent via a vertically polarized antenna. Propagation is in a 360 pattern to reach as many listeners as possible. Due to the long wavelength the whole vertical transmission mast is polarized usually. Receiving antenna should also be orientated in the vertical position for best reception (strongest signal strength). This is not cast in stone as there are many other types of antenna arrays for transmissions depending on what the user is trying to accomplish.