My 72 Skylark Custom Convertible

Guest OddBall

Guest OddBall

post-99167-143142388416_thumb.jpg

Hello Forum,

This is my Skylark, complete with the ugliest Green interior ...ever! Its so 70's though that I have to keep it, besides its grown on me some. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully gain some more insight on Buicks.

Mitch

post-99167-143142388405_thumb.jpg

post-99167-143142388409_thumb.jpg

post-99167-143142388411_thumb.jpg

post-99167-143142388414_thumb.jpg

Guest OddBall

JohnD,

Thanks for the kind words, she has a few blemishes, but I've had lots of fun driving it, and tinkering. Does anyone know if dual exhaust was standard on the 4bl 350 in 72, or was it an option? I've looked everywhere for a build sheet in the car to no avail, so I don't know if the exhaust was aftermarket or not. Everything else is original to the vin.

Guest Rob McDonald

MITCH, have you looked under the back seat for a build sheet? They're sometimes tucked in the springs underneath.

I like your green interior, too. New car makers have given up on colour - the choice has been black, grey, or beige for too long now. An exception was Nissan a few years ago, when they offered a coppery-orange interior on many of their models. I loved it but Nissan salesmen hated it - too weird.

Guest OddBall

Hi Rob,

Yeah, pretty much looked everywhere except for dropping the gas tank, I've heard sometimes there can be one tucked up there.

I would love to go cascade blue with a white interior with the white top, but part of me thinks I should keep it the way it was built. Like I said, doesn't get much more 70's then that. I think the Brady's front door was the same green.

Two things. The interior looks in great shape. The green color is very apropo of the 70's. My 73 Estate Wagon was the same green color only on the exterior! So, if you want to save some of this $$$$ green. Keep the green interior. ;) Spend your monies on getting the A/C running. I see the belt is off. Conspicuous consumption is having the A/C running while the top is down!!!! :cool:

Take a good long look at the outside before deciding to change colors. The darker the color the more important that the sides be straight and wave free. White may be bland, but it does provide excellent wave masking. There are other colors however, which could enhance your interior and make it more palatable to you, thus saving a lot of $$$ for that A/C. Here's one such option:camaro1972gulfgreen.jpg