Question on restore 41 ford super deluxe

Guest Natcox012

Guest Natcox012

Hi I am new to the forum and found a rusted down 41 ford conv. And want to restore it. Don't know where else to post this.. But I have a efi 460 I would love to put in the car? What kind of trouble am I looking at? With a c6 for a tranny. All components will be stock in the beginning, what body would should I use when getting it ready and what 460 parts will I need from the f250. Would like I to look stock. The frame I think is done for so is there a better one I could put under it cheap I have a pretty good junkyard near by. Any ideas

Hi and welcome, My first road car was a '47 Ford Super Deluxe convertible I bought out of a barn for $60 in 1966. It ran fine with the original engine and 3 speed transmission.

You'll find, if you look around a bit, that this group is more interested in keeping cars stock, the way they came from the factory. The Ford you found could be restored, meaning fixed up/repaired to the same condition it was when new and it would be a great car. Or you could make it into something else. Either way would be a lot of time and money. If you want to return it to original, this is the place to be, and good luck.