New guy here

Guest 1935du

Guest 1935du
Yes....it IS a very nice car!

Well I decided we are not going to keep this car. Im just not into cars much anymore. It is a very nice driving car. New WWW tires with new tubes. All the lights work, heater works, glass all good. original interior. But it needs freeze plugs replaced. Car is located in Jefferson City, Missouri. $7500.00? 573-694-3902 I thought I would let you all know before it gets put on Ebay..Mark

OHOOooo. Too bad! With all of your experience you probably would have been a good fit for this car. But once the decision is made... I know it must have been a tough one.

Only thing WE can ask is that you try to do your best to sell to a restorer and not a rodder. Yes, I know you can have the wool pulled over your eyes by a buyer, but this car is SUCH a nice original that rodding would/should almost be a crime. I think you have the price at a good starting place. The thing to remember is that it is a Dodge and not an over priced Chev or Ford! As you can see from this Forum, there are people out here that would have an interest in restoring or at least owning a piece of history so you should be able to do OK.

A side thought... since you ARE the current titled owner, maybe consider getting a copy of the "Build Record" for that car from The Chrysler Historical Collection. There is A LOT of interesting information on that record and would impress the possible purchasers with the historic background of that particular car which could both help uphold the value AND help keep the buyer thinking historically about the car.

Good luck. And if you should change your mind, remember the Forum and all the help you can get from the people here!

Guest 1935du

1936 D2, I do want the car to be preserved or restored. I agree that it would be a shame to have it cut up. My problem is after restoring cars for 30 years my passion for it has left me. When i was about 17 a list was made of all the cars we wanted. Over the past 30 years we have owned all the cars on the list plus a few, my wife kept count and she says we have restored 75 cars. Cars from 64' Impala SS 409, 1963 Galaxie factory light weight, 69' six pac Superbee, 68' hemi Road Runner on and on.....I have tried to force myself to keep at it but that is not the right way to do it. As far as the price for the car it really does not matter what it would sell for the money really does not matter to me, I have about 10,000.00 in it. It never bothered me what we spent on them it was about saving a part of history. if it were going to a good home with someone who likes cars as they were born that is more important than the money to me. The past 30 years have been great, as i have a wife who has been by my side getting greasy and dirty can't put a price on that.

Edited by 1935du (see edit history)

Guest 1935du

I understand. My barn stetcher worked kind of funny last year, it was a barn shrinker and burned to the ground. That is what really pushed me to be done with cars. The price is very open to offers. I looked at the auction site, that is this car! I bought it of Ebay from a guy in Kansas. I do have copies of past titles from back in the 40's I kind of wondered were it came from. Now a little history is added. Thanks

That looks like Herb Bolyard's old Dodge http://www.pagelrealtyauction.com/auction-100612-bolyard.html Hope you find a good home for it. I just wish my "wallet stretcher" and "barn enhancer" was working.. Benny

I understand. My barn stetcher worked kind of funny last year, it was a barn shrinker and burned to the ground. That is what really pushed me to be done with cars. The price is very open to offers. I looked at the auction site, that is this car! I bought it of Ebay from a guy in Kansas. I do have copies of past titles from back in the 40's I kind of wondered were it came from. Now a little history is added. Thanks

So sorry to hear about your fire. I collect a lot of periodicals and auction bills mainly cause I like to see were a car was in a certain time and who had it. I'm really envious that you've got to restore so many cars in your time. I just hope I could get my 6 cars done in 30 years. And I hope you get the bug again cause

this hobby is like no other. Benny

Guest 1935du

Here is a deal, This is a 1 time offer. Promise you will not find it listed aywhere after this post, unless a flipper gets it.

Car is located in Jefferson City, Missouri that is right in the middle of the state. You will not find another 35' Dodge in this condition. at this price. For an all original car it is nice. yes it has dings and a few minor dents in the front fenders. but it has all original paint. so NO hidden bondo. I think $ 5000.00 would be very fair and a steal for someone. I paid $9000.00 and put $800.00 worth of tires on it. I never felt i paid to much for it.